|Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|15th August 2015, 03:10 AM||#3274|
Done with next version of dam1021 firmware, all issues fixed and new filters and functionality added except:
1) Still a thump when powering off, but can be reduced to 1/3.
2) DSD support is for next revision, maybe two months outs.
But it's late here in Denmark and I have to get up tomorrow and take my kids to Air Show. So watch for the actual release tomorrow evening.
|16th August 2015, 03:42 AM||#3276|
Finally it's here, the first major dam1021 firmware update. I have named it version 0.99, please let me know if there are any issues, small or large. The plan is then to release version 1.00 in a week or two.
Firmware update on the dam1021 is done using the RS232 serial port, either by one large file or three separate files:
http://www.soekris.dk/1021full_099.skr ----> all firmware/filters
http://www.soekris.dk/1021fpga_099.skr --> fpga firmware
http://www.soekris.dk/1021filt_099.skr ----> dac filters
http://www.soekris.dk/1021_uc_099.skr ---> uC firmware
To update the dam1021 firmware, you need to have the rs232 serial port connected and working with terminal emulator software. Enter the uManager by typing +++. You should then get the uManager prompt, then you type
Start download session using Xmodem CRC protocol, when all downloaded then type command to update the uC with new firmware
You can then enter uManager again and verify revision 0.99 firmware is loaded.
Revision 0.99 firmware have the following bug fixes / improvements / new functions:
* PLL Clock Sync at sample rate change cut down to less than 0.2 second
* Isolated Serial port now works, note that port is at 3.3V cmos level
* Serial Port now interrupt driven, no character loss at high speed
* Volume Control now is -80db to +10 db, and phase bug fixed
* Volume Control also now have zero crossing detect
* Power Off plop can be reduced to 1/3 by adding a single 27K4 resistors, see picture attachment
* FIR1 filters doubled in size, so max 2032 coeff @ 44K/48K, 1016 @ 88/96K, 508 @ 176/192K, 127 @ 352/384K
* You can now select four sets of filters, named Linear, Mixed, Minimum and Soft.
* FIR1 coefficients are now 1.31 format, filters should be good down to around -150 db
* Stock filter now have improved deemphasis filter
* Input Source Select bug fixed
* New mode setting: Normal, Inverted, Balanced Left, Balanced Right
* The tiny bug on signal saturation on -full scale fixed
* Should now be possible to do balanced and crossovers by parallel the inputs and connecting the isolated serial ports together, more details to follow
To do: DSD support, will add that in a couple of months.
To experiments with filters, the filter .txt file and updated mkrom utility is here, note that FIR1 coefficients now have to be < 1, but are now checked by mkrom utility.
|16th August 2015, 07:37 AM||#3279|
Join Date: Jan 2014
Hi Soren, and thank you for new firmware!
I updated the firmare and can see the new version in uManager. I had working set before with volume potentiometer. For some reason after update, I do not get any sound. I've set volume -99 from uManager. I can see signal lock from i2s, but no sound.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|e18 DAC - 8 channels at 32bit /384 kHz||exa065||exaDevices||30||29th June 2012 06:11 PM|
|384 Khz DAC?||SunRa||Digital Source||8||2nd October 2009 12:14 AM|
|24 bit/192 kHz via USB?||gentlevoice||Everything Else||3||22nd December 2008 07:24 AM|
|sign magnitude DAC||Bernhard||Digital Source||0||30th January 2007 02:40 PM|
|24 bit / 192 kHz Tube DAC questions||Overlord||Digital Source||4||29th April 2003 06:14 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|