• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Just make a calculation of the delay, at the speed of the light on a 10m cable :)

No, Byrtt, that's not the case. From the QED Genesis Report Pt.2:..........
In a way i regret post #898 :).
Some years ago i did little test in a DAW putting a bunch of small micro delays on a track all with a little different delay though can't remember data, sonics listened at headphones it reminded me about listening to a multi stranded speaker cable versus a solid when the delays were bypassed, but maybe i'm wrong.

OK, all well now. :up:

What kind of power supply are you using for modules?
Each module has its own power supply?
New grounding schematic in use?
Short system presentation, source, speakers?

Regards L.C. :cheers:

Hi LC. At the moment i am just using a single PSU with 60000uF for both channels( PSU three from Aussie amps). I am running it in for now. Will be testing in may main rig later.
Quan

Hi back

New grounding schematic in use from post #838?

Short system presentation, source, speakers?

Using SMPS1200A400 here, bass is better, more defined. :yes:

I have access to NC1200 in a few days will compare the two. ;)

hi LC.
it was with atc 40,s and source was an pc with optical to an alpine dsp.
speaker cable connections were better at ncore but i doubt that,s the reason
we used they same smps one per channel.
maybe the atc,s like the extra power.
the gnd is floating.they sound better this way don,t they?

hi LC.
it was with atc 40,s and source was an pc with optical to an alpine dsp.
speaker cable connections were better at ncore but i doubt that,s the reason
we used they same smps one per channel.
maybe the atc,s like the extra power.
the gnd is floating.they sound better this way don,t they?

Something's not optimal in the system, ATC SCM40 are 8 Ohm so First One has no problem driving them. Maybe it's cabling or DSP.

Low side of NC400 was especially the bass and its definition compared to First One.

Make GND connections exactly as in post #838. ;)

Something's not optimal in the system, ATC SCM40 are 8 Ohm so First One has no problem driving them. Maybe it's cabling or DSP.

Low side of NC400 was especially the bass and its definition compared to First One.

that is a bold statement :).

depending on your woofers, as you are usibg Zu, u might just like the FO better as it has lower damping factor than ncore.

i've tried many amps with my speakers, the nc400 is so far ahead on the bass than other respectable amps :)

but nevertheless im very very interested for the FO performance, hopefully can audition it soon.

Many times people confuse bass quality with quantity, a lot of boomy, loosey, undefined bass only seems to be more present, also in a passages where it shouldn't be present, actually it is just less defined, lower quality. Listening in different systems may reveal such anomaly easily, that's the reason we tested in many different setups, for instance bass on Thiele speakers with just 3 Ohm (deeps a little over 2 Ohm) impedance was great.

i didn,t say it was bad actually it was really good but the ncore is by far the best amp for bass i have ever heard.
it gives a feeling that the woofers follow no mater what.
i haven,t heard an amp with such an impact and control ever.
you think with new gnd will sound better than floating?

one more question,what should i expect from burn in?
they have work less than 10 hours.