• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Scary how much LAYOUT scheme sometimes influence SQ and makes one judge a circuit or system in a wrong or right way.

Indeed. Wouldn't believe how little, usually unnoticed things plays important role in system improving. One small difference changed opens the door to the next level in sound quality, as it was the case lately experimenting with GND layout.

Afterwards I experimented and played with interconnect cables and found perfect type of cable for the First One, very cheap too, 2 EUR for a pair. Took me half an hour from parts on the table to connection and listening, wow nice one.

At the moment the source is AURALiC VEGA DAC, speakers Zu audio Soul Supreme and this new interconnect cable between the First One and DAC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 646
Cats rules :cool:.....

Yes but certainly not lazy (all the investigation), thanks sharing :).

.....Solid :cool:

Sound is rich, very detailed, solid, well defined bass, stage all around, no complaints whatsoever, AURALiC is a very good DAC/preamp. :up:

Agree solid not bad, by years have modified all my devices going solid like on PCBs and very old tube gear also had solid wire. Though i still open minded and respect very well people's preference for other choise. For sharing if other like the CAT5/6 sonics but as i like to have screen around cores i attach some good cheap examples. Those can be used as line cables and screened speaker cables if length and power are taken care of.

Attachments

• Canford DKT-M.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Canford KHT.pdf
    39.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Canford KHT-HD.pdf
    39 KB · Views: 95
  • Canford KST-M.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 94
2,3 & 4 of the Canford examples have PVC insulation which does not attract me. CAT 6 has better quality insulation.

The first one DKT-M with foamed polypropylene looks good but I am also fan of Cat 6 - I use it for all my audio work and now we can get screened CAT 7 I think it represents extremely good value for money and I think we will have to pay much much more to get better.

Cat 6 or cat 7 SSTP are four solid twisted pair each individually shielded. With an other screen around them. They are designed to carry GHz 75 Ohms network signals.
Shielded Twisted Pair Cable (SSTP), 4 pairs, Solid, Indoor, 23 AWG, LSZH, Category 7 (1000 MHz) / Twisted pair cable / Cables / Catalog / Hyperline as an example.

Yes those you link there is certainly speedy monsters and look good. Maybe by mistake i thought of CAT 5 inspired by LC's picture where pair was cannibalized for whatever had surrounded them at a time. The footprint for those i attached can be lighter for mono asymmetric as they are born as such (don't carry 3 pairs more if not needed). The two of them have foil screen+drain wire (little stiff when bending) and the two other have old fashion multiwire screen (most flexible when bending).

2,3 & 4 of the Canford examples have PVC insulation which does not attract me. CAT 6 has better quality insulation.

The first one DKT-M with foamed polypropylene looks good but I am also fan of Cat 6 - I use it for all my audio work and now we can get screened CAT 7 I think it represents extremely good value for money and I think we will have to pay much much more to get better.

You probably right about the isolation quality. I use the Canford products because have had very difficult to find solid core with just two cores and thin diameter to keep skin depth bad for all audio freqs, most cables seem to be multiwire per core. The DKT-M i bought a couple hundred meters on discount and it works for me both as line cable, circuit cable and as USB2 streaming cable (audio). Will investigate those screened CAT7 in future.

I changed internal input cable from coax to twisted pairs app. 3 weeks ago. Measuring the noise floor before/after clearly shows lower noise floor using twisted pair. Even 100 Hz component is few dB lower with twisted pairs. :eek:
Just try shielded twisted pair like this:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...ne-mosfet-amplifier-module-2.html#post3941168.
A there is no current across the shield, it does not inducts noise.
I use one SSTP CAT 7 for the two chanels of each analog sources and preamp ( PU, analog Tape, K7 ) and one for the 2ways of my active enclosures+power on command of the integrated amps. I use fiber for the digital sources <-> preamp.
I changed most of the RCA plugs for mini XLR. for i can change between symmetric/asy with the same cables and plugs.

Last edited: