Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, talking about wine is similar to talking about sound.
Both are leading to strange wordings, I guess because words are not the right medium to exchange such information.

A friend of mine worked on an EU-funded e-commerce research project in the early 90's (yes, he fortunately got out of that business!) looking into using automatic language translation. The idea sounded great - provide an europe-wide trade site where local farmers can offer their products directly to consumers all over Europe, and the site would automatically handle the language issues. Too bad they picked exactly the wrong business - wine. In the end they realized that there was no way to automatically translate descriptions of wines, as the same words had entirely different meanings depending on what region, school/style, classification and whatever you were part of...

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I just placed an order for four more Ncore modules and SMPS... it will be used for my woofer system.

Maybe I will be the first person that owns more than two Ncores ? :D

The more I listen to the Ncore, the more I am confident that this is the way an amp should sound. Simply the best I've ever heard, better than any class A, AB, SET tube or whatever I've heard.

Very nice job mattjans,

Shame though, judging by the feedback so far, the community here is happy to spend €300 on a single nCore module but can't be bothered to stick it in a worthy enclosure. Obviously there are always people who do appreciate a nice chassis but the numbers are just too small. I can play around with the design, and I applaud you for making an effort as well but I don't feel as if that's going to change anything about interest.

Richard
I sent you a pm.

I just placed an order for four more Ncore modules and SMPS... it will be used for my woofer system.

Maybe I will be the first person that owns more than two Ncores ? :D

The more I listen to the Ncore, the more I am confident that this is the way an amp should sound. Simply the best I've ever heard, better than any class A, AB, SET tube or whatever I've heard.
Now you finally can brag about having a high-end system considering the cost of all the amps. Congrats!

Oh, I forgot you don't have fancy enclosures. You need to upgrade there. :D

hypex in HFX boxes: not the first attempt:

Amplificateur HFX mini class.d 1300W-6 HYPEX

One of the guys from HFX asked me what class D modules I was using during my discussions regarding the hfx mini storage case, as (to quote him loosely) their current class d module supplier wouldn't supply them anymore and they had to stop production of one of their amps.

Wonder whether that supplier was hypex ;)

That'd be crude though, not being able to sell the complete amp and seeing DIY'ers doing exactly the same as what you were doing, or at least when someopdy orders one of their cabinets. Such is life.

One of the guys from HFX asked me what class D modules I was using during my discussions regarding the hfx mini storage case, as (to quote him loosely) their current class d module supplier wouldn't supply them anymore and they had to stop production of one of their amps.

Wonder whether that supplier was hypex ;)

That'd be crude though, not being able to sell the complete amp and seeing DIY'ers doing exactly the same as what you were doing, or at least when someopdy orders one of their cabinets. Such is life.
HFX has sold amps both with Hypex and ICEPower in the past.

Below are pictures of a HFX four channel amp (two 125ASX2 modules) I had.

Attachments

• IMG_0506 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0506 (Custom).JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_0593 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0593 (Custom).JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 744
I made a few last minute changes to the mono amp chassis that I will be offering. The specs are now:

• L 10” X W9” X H3.47”
• Bulgin Push Button front Switch on the left side of the amp
• Light pipe centered on front
• 1 IEC with power switch
• 2 Neutrik inputs
• 1 Set of Speakons
• 1 Set of WBT Speaker Binding Posts
• 1 Ncore logo oriented vertically on the left side of the chassis
• Natural Anodized finish
• Made in the USA to high fit and finish standards
• First run is 10 units. Additional runs possible
• Estimated delivery to me is 4 weeks from 1.13.2012

My target price is $135 plus S&H. I will post photos when they arrive.

In general would people prefer to buy the chassis with the basic parts included? I understand most people would want to select their own binding posts, but I would think they would appreciate having the other items come with the kit.

Thanks,
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.