hypex ncore - Page 58 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2011, 10:57 AM   #571
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase_accurate View Post
The ncore and a PSU are different things. The first one is an amplifier which can be used with a conventional PSU or an SMPS. And this thread IS about the ncore. It is deliberately designed such that it has veeeeery little susceptibility to PSU nonidealities.

There will be an SMPS available. The user could either build a conventional PSU for his ncore or use this one - each one as he likes.
The properties of said SMPS would indeed be interesting - especially to those using it with a different type of amplifier. This is a fair question - agreed.
But if it is just that what you wanted to know from the beginning why contaminate the whole thread with ranting and blabla ?

Regards

Charles
----
Maybe..My first post in this thread, started with insults NCore amp?
I think not!

Or I have answered questions that were put cleverly me?
Harmonics are not important. (not true)!
PSRR on the amplifier, provides .. (not true)
is not important to fast response of SMPS, or appropriate capacitors in a linear psu .. (not true)
is better thd 0.001% or 0.01%? .. Both are very good for our ear.
Fast response of the amplifier is not important .. (not true).
These are my belief (some).

Regards
Old 14th October 2011, 11:12 AM   #572
diyAudio Member

Boys I'm unsubscribing from this thread for a few weeks. I can't keep "investing" time in supplying argued responses to a single troll who doesn't listen to arguments and consistently fails to give arguments himself.

So, Roberto, rejoyce and dance, Bruno's moving out, you're free to spread any nonsense, lie and misrepresentation about me and what I do and I won't stop you. Have fun. You have the floor.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:27 AM   #573
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
Boys I'm unsubscribing from this thread for a few weeks. I can't keep "investing" time in supplying argued responses to a single troll who doesn't listen to arguments and consistently fails to give arguments himself.

So, Roberto, rejoyce and dance, Bruno's moving out, you're free to spread any nonsense, lie and misrepresentation about me and what I do and I won't stop you. Have fun. You have the floor.
No problem on this, from your parts, the word "dance and theater" is often used, perhaps for convenience.
If you want to discuss some theories with me, out of the influence of marketing. I am available.
I exit from thread, I'm alone here in this forum. (I mean..not have fans) not simple in this way.

Last edited by AP2; 14th October 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:28 AM   #574
-CGL- is offline -CGL-  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
I exit from thread, I'm alone here in this forum.
BYE BYE !!
Old 14th October 2011, 07:04 PM   #575
_Wim_ is offline _Wim_  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
I thought I'd just give a short run-down of the AES paper for those who wonder if they should read it:
Something that isn't mentioned in the paper, but which you can easily work out (????, this doesn't sound easy to me....) for yourself, is that you can rewrite the criterium for unequal delays and solve the equation with the effects of dead time, output current and ripple current taken into account. This allows you to compute quite precise output spectra very rapidly without actually having to simulate the circuit, should one be so inclined.
Can you point out a good book to read first before I read your article (some-thing like class-D for beginners)?
Old 14th October 2011, 07:20 PM   #576
Tymen is offline Tymen  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet

Dear AP2,

Thanks, you are the first one to make me smile today. The repeating intentional misinterpretations you make are hilarious, I am really enjoying them!
Furthermore I agree with you, Google translate is pathetic.You made that point more than clear!

But I think it is time to stop hijacking this thread, or even better; start building a superior amp at a forth of the price. I need 8 of them for my Linkwitz Orion v4.0's before the end of the year.
Hoping to hear from you soon in your own tread.

Regards.
Tymen
Old 14th October 2011, 07:42 PM   #577
_Wim_ is offline _Wim_  Belgium
diyAudio Member

More specificly, I am looking for a clear (not to much complex math) explenation of self-oscillating modulators. I found this page on wiki-pedia, but for me this reases more questions than answers...

EDIT: just found this one: http://www.hypex.nl/docs/papers/AES118BP.pdf

What an unlogical place to put such a paper... :-)

Last edited by _Wim_; 14th October 2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 15th October 2011, 07:20 AM   #578
diyAudio Moderator

I've just cleaned up a few posts. AP2, if you continue with this disruptive behaviour, you will be penalised.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 15th October 2011, 07:25 AM   #579
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
----
PSRR on the amplifier, provides .. (not true)
is not important to fast response of SMPS, or appropriate capacitors in a linear psu .. (not true)
is better thd 0.001% or 0.01%? .. Both are very good for our ear.
Fast response of the amplifier is not important .. (not true).
These are my belief (some).
Agree on all those points.
About harmonics, loudspeakers have a lot of them, can sound good. when 3% is not a problem for our brains, what about 0.001% ?
TIM is the enemy. Even at very low levels.
Speed is the matter, about TIM, and, recently, i had modified an Voltage feedback class AB amp to current feedback. Not so much changes in harmonic distortions, but 7 X in bandwidth and slew rate, with the same components. And the changes goes in the 1-10Mhz range, and you can ear the improvements.
Next step: to get a fast enough PSU or SMPS, or how to feed a 140w amp at 10Mhz...

Good class D amps sound nice at our ears, because the are fast (slewrate) by design. They can measure very very low levels of harmonic distortions. At this level, i believe we need in our dreams 10 time faster SMPS than the AMP switching frequency. or, better, because we could use such a frequency for the amp's Clock itsef, if available, to make the voltage regulation of the pulses a part of the amp.

Last edited by Esperado; 15th October 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 16th October 2011, 10:40 AM   #580
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
bruno please come back this thread is required reading, don't let the idiots who are hiding their vested commercial interests spoil the thread.

Hide this!Advertise here!