Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am aiming at using my special fairy dust Jorma Origo RCA cable. And this not a joke.

To use the modules single-endedly will require some kind of additional wiring so wouldn't it be better to get an adapter made and keep the future posibility of use of balanced inputs open?

If you can never see yourself getting another amp or preamp or cable (as having RCAs installed would imply) couldn't you then simply rewire one end of the Jorma cable with an XLR in the appropriate way?

To use the modules single-endedly will require some kind of additional wiring so wouldn't it be better to get an adapter made and keep the future posibility of use of balanced inputs open?

If you can never see yourself getting another amp or preamp or cable (as having RCAs installed would imply) couldn't you then simply rewire one end of the Jorma cable with an XLR in the appropriate way?

Boggit generously offered Nord One Up amps with RCAs installed, so that is no longer a problem. I can change those back to XLRs myself, and if needed, after the warranty has expired. I don't want anything extra there, that even could affect the sound or even have negative placebo effect.

I can see myself getting another amp (at least for now ;) ), maybe preamp too (the likely options are horribly expensive tho) or a cable (i just a spent month testing different combinations of ic+sc tho)...don't you worry about that. I am not trying to save money, i am trying to test some options and have some fun. It's a hobby...you know. This opamp rolling could be just the thing for me.

Last edited:
Yes, i prefer not to change it before i test with same setup as i use Bel Canto. Then i believe i will hear the relative changes without suspecting another changed component is the cause, such as another i/c.

^I don't have the room for multi-channel. I prefer stereo anyways. I already own 2 pairs of nc400, 2 pairs of UCD400HG HxR, pair of Bel Canto REF600Ms and soon a pair of Nord One UPs. I got the amps for multichannel tho. Maybe some day, i should sell something. I seem to be collecting Hypex amps :).

Last edited:
Yes, i prefer not to change it before i test with same setup as i use Bel Canto. Then i believe i will hear the relative changes without suspecting another changed component is the cause, such as another i/c.

And inserting an adaptor cable is too much change? My concern is that you are specifying a custom amp enclosure design just to support your existing cable without having had a chance to see if the cable makes any difference with the standard Hypex input/buffer stage. It is of course your choice in the end...

And inserting an adaptor cable is too much change? My concern is that you are specifying a custom amp enclosure design just to support your existing cable without having had a chance to see if the cable makes any difference with the standard Hypex input/buffer stage. It is of course your choice in the end...

I trust Boggit's word, that he can do what he is offering with highest quality possible. He mentioned the amp has been tested with RCA connectors too and working without any problems.

I trust Boggit's word, that he can do what he is offering with highest quality possible. He mentioned the amp has been tested with RCA connectors too and working without any problems.

Of course he can - in normal home use, with reasonable cable lengths, and with properly grounded equipment, unbalanced connections (RCA) are almost as good as balanced (XLR), but that is not my point. My point was that if you, when testing, discover that your fancy cable isn't any better than a normal cable when using the Hypex input design, you have had Boggit do extra work, and you yourself have to do extra work to change to a "normal" XLR configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.