Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NC500 runs at warm to touch case, particularly the stereo config in one case. We have top and bottom vents in the case. All the modules except the Input buffer boards are mounted on a Ally chassis which are screwed down and have thermal paste to connect them to the chassis. They run at the same temp regardless of input. However I had a Sugden A21SE even the knobs got very, very hot!

You must mean "without colouration"? Discolouration means that it has no colour so "without discolouration" will mean that it sounds coloured.

I meant without undesirable artefacts.

Although English is not my native language I believe discoloured means badly coloured. Without colour would be transparent, but as my woofers were coming apart I wasn't able to make that judgement. :rolleyes:

I meant without undesirable artefacts.

Although English is not my native language I believe discoloured means badly coloured. Without colour would be transparent, but as my woofers were coming apart I wasn't able to make that judgement. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... I don't know what was going on in my head. I was diagnosed as being dyslexic as a teenager (though it doesn't really fit..) but I should understand English better than that ! :D

You're right, when something is discoloured it is is suffering a change in it's usual colour. I think maybe it doesn't quite work in that particular context but yeah... I should have understood your meaning!

Does anyone know if the SMPS1200A700 can be used for nc400 modules? I know the SMPS1200A400 was recommended previously? Thanks

SMPS1200A400 1200 Watts Plus / Minus 63 Vdc 115Vac / 230Vac
vs.
SMPS1200A700 1200 Watts Plus / Minus 84 Vdc 115Vac / 230Vac

The NC400 datasheet specifies the supply voltage as min 35V, typ 64V, max 75V (see section 5 on page 4).

Wonder how HYPEX got away with using that SMPS as per the link I quoted back then?

Yes, perhaps it was a typo? Or perhaps it was an error on purpose to check if anyone was paying attention? :D

Anyway, if you continue reading the datasheet you will find that the amp should shutdown if the supply exceeds 75V.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.