• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Multimedia Show 2014 report

Hi all :wave2:

Here's brief report of my attendance on this year's Multimedia Show.

System consisted of Pioneer BDP-LX91 CD/BR player, First One v1.3 amplifier, First One v1.1 battery powered preamplifier, Zu Audio Soul Supreme speakers, MS Audio rack and High Diamond cables.

System sounded neutral, very dynamic on all sound pressure levels with good micro-details, as much as source allowed to.

I got positive feedback on relative comparison between v1.2 and v1.3 and in general visitors were very pleased with sound quality presented.

One comment from musician recently performing at the Ljubljana festival, bringing live professional recording CD made at national broadcast TV studios:"Most natural and realistic sound reproduction of what we heard at studio mastering in comparison to other systems on the show." He told me that he asked and listened to quite a lot of systems on the show with this recording and I believe him so.

Comments welcome.

Best regards, L.C. :cheers:

Attachments

• Multimedia Show 2014 2.jpg
    Multimedia Show 2014 2.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 912
  • Multimedia Show 2014 1.jpg
    Multimedia Show 2014 1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 897
Je préfèrerais en SE même si aujourd'hui ça ne se fait plus , sauf avec les tubes .
30 à 50 watts c'est suffisant pour moi ( HP full range 101 db )
VSSA ......... 3 étages ........... on peut faire plus court !

I would prefer SE to be even if today it is not done any more , except with the tubes
. 30 To 50 watts is enough for me ( HP full range 101 db )
VSSA ......... 3 stages ........... we can do more short!

Please guys, VSSA topic in VSSA thread. Thanks :up:

OK, to qualify myself for FO V1.3 version upgrade, here's my FO V 1.2 up and running. I'm quite impressed with the sound quality. I just need to get a better speaker to my system.

wow your chassis is a pearl, what a nice heatsinks for First One modules, super looking amp. :cool:

Yes you have definitely qualified for an upgrade manual. :up:

Please guys send your photos or links of ready made First One amplifiers to:

first.one.amp@gmail.com

Upgrade manual will be send in a short time, thanks. ;)

L.C. :cheers:

Hello all,
my system is finally up and running after 9 months of silence. First day it sounded really
bad but after about 100 hours or so things are getting, dare I say it , great. This will not be a detailed report but after hearing FO 1,3 in 2 high quality system I can say you get insane value for your cash. A will be back later with a more detailed report when I got everything tuned in.

I'm interested to hear what other FO owners have to say about the amp.

Enjoy the music

Peace,
Mikko

Hello all,
my system is finally up and running after 9 months of silence. First day it sounded really
bad but after about 100 hours or so things are getting, dare I say it , great. This will not be a detailed report but after hearing FO 1,3 in 2 high quality system I can say you get insane value for your cash. A will be back later with a more detailed report when I got everything tuned in.

I'm interested to hear what other FO owners have to say about the amp.

Enjoy the music

Peace,
Mikko

Hello Mikko,

amp is finished last night but only powered up for 20 min. DC output was around 15-20mV and power +-62V on both channels. Later tonight I will hook it up to my DAC...and post some pictures to qualify for v1.3 tweaks.
Enjoy!

picture

Sorry for low quality picture. I didn't follow Andrej's recommendation about grounding yet and only box is earthed. No hum, buzz or something similar. Impressions will be posted in a few days.
Loudspeakers KEF XQ40, DAC TP Buffalo III with IVY(soon SEN), Amanero USB to I2S with isolated USB power adapter and Acko's S03 for synchronous reclocking. I have some VDH D-352 Hybrid loudspeaker cables with Chord Chameleon plus interconnect. Inside amp, Neotech UPOCC twisted pair for input, standard Hypex power connector and VDH CS12 for output. All DC coupled. Box is HIFI2000 pesante dissipante 165mm. I've messed up with RCA position so input is little bit longer.

IMG_20141015_230322.jpg

Working almost 3 hours with low level volume and it's slightly warm to the touch.

Last edited:
4-5 db less would be fine.
Two options:
- resistors devider in front of the input ie. 1 k + 1 k devider will decrease gain by -6 dB, so the complete voltage gain will be +21 dB
- solder 1,5 k (2010 SMD case) resistor parallel to R5, R6 and 1,5 k (2010 SMD case) resistor parallel to R7, R8, thus reduce gain by -4 dB, so the complete voltage gain will be +23 dB

Of course by different resistors values (in both options) you could get any gain reduction needed. First option is easier to realize but it will significantly reduce input impedance.