• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Group buy announcement

Hi all GB members :wave:

From this moment on we are located on vendors forum, no big deal since we are very adaptable. Please read last few posts and all will be perfectly clear why we are here. It's the fact that I sent few VSSA modules as OEM part to some Hi End manufacturers to testing and evaluation. That is the reason why specific VSSA schematic is under Copyright and PCB as well (clearly stated on both sides). :yes:

Any future questions regarding assembly, service etc, please post here or send direct e-mail to:

esl@siol.net

Regards, Andrej ;)

Of course i would like one of those! :D

It is a REALLY nice chassis!!!

Do

Very good since this Alu case is prepared for VSSA and SMPS400. :up:

OK, if there will be at least 5-8 more GB members for this kind of chassis, than my supplier can start with his minimum starting amount of 10 pcs. ;)

Attachments

• VSSA Case 6.jpg
    VSSA Case 6.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 691
  • VSSA Case 9.jpg
    VSSA Case 9.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 658
  • VSSA Case 4.jpg
    VSSA Case 4.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 622
  • VSSA Case 11.jpg
    VSSA Case 11.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
With all due respect, I think that AKN has the reason to be angry. When ordered pcbs he was sure that he is participating in GB, he was not ready to financially support development of OEM product. At least schematic should be furnished to GB participants who asked for it, and probably to all other. No matter how good the circuit is it would never be that successful without the huge response from forum members, it would never has the chance to become OEM product without that support. Since LC used forum as free marketing opportunity he has some responsibility towards forum members and even more towards GB-ers.

I do not need actual schematic because I canceled my GB order. Frankly, I think that diy VSSA made from TH pcb designs by Shaan, Dobrivoje, PMI and Jason will be more than enough for those who are mostly interested in how this circuit sounds. SMD VSSA is for those who are also interested in the best possible lab performance of the circuit.

It is evident that LC thinks that SMD shunt regulator is for some reason better option than CCS in V1.4 schematic, but obviously he does not want to disclose the reasons why. For all other small changes to the circuit I believe that they do not make so much difference.

Hi LC,
I think if one is buying such a perfect chassis ,Getting it without the heatsink is a big mistake.

Unless the buyer can get the machine work done locally...but then ,if he can do the heatsink locally he can more or less do the whole chassis while at it..

I would be interested only if the heatsink comes integral with it.
And I`m sure it`s not going to be cheap...

With all due respect, I think that AKN has the reason to be angry. When ordered pcbs he was sure that he is participating in GB, he was not ready to financially support development of OEM product. At least schematic should be furnished to GB participants who asked for it, and probably to all other. No matter how good the circuit is it would never be that successful without the huge response from forum members, it would never has the chance to become OEM product without that support. Since LC used forum as free marketing opportunity he has some responsibility towards forum members and even more towards GB-ers.

I do not need actual schematic because I canceled my GB order. Frankly, I think that diy VSSA made from TH pcb designs by Shaan, Dobrivoje, PMI and Jason will be more than enough for those who are mostly interested in how this circuit sounds. SMD VSSA is for those who are also interested in the best possible lab performance of the circuit.

It is evident that LC thinks that SMD shunt regulator is for some reason better option than CCS in V1.4 schematic, but obviously he does not want to disclose the reasons why. For all other small changes to the circuit I believe that they do not make so much difference.

I can't stop defending Mr. Lazy cat's right to keep the schematic secret. I don't think any forum member contributed to the schematic design, measurements and the PCB design. Mr. Lazy spent hours of testing, probably redesign couple of times. Initially he agreed to furnish the PCB and the ALFFET, but as many members asked about SMD parts, he went ahead provided almost all of the so that we have the best of the breed amplifier. Hats off to his effort, we have a chance to build one of the best amplifiers.

Here is my perspective, he can just simply assemble the PCBs as per the schematics published. Being a person who shares his knowledge, joy and happiness, he incorporated the changes he found during his testing to give us the best sounding amplifier. Because he spent lots of time and effort, I guess he has every right to monetize his ideas and sell his circuit to professional manufacturers. If a member don't want to build unless the schematics are known, he can simply desolder the components and build according to the published circuits. Not sure what is the legitimacy of the requests to publish ones work?

Well, I cannot but feel that this is what is called a 'storm in a teacup' here in Scotland.

My understanding from the outset of LC's design has been that he is offering a choice for the DIY guy who can do no more than solder. There are a very few posters out of the 1618 posts written so far which have plainly asked for more than has been (clearly) offered. If the circuit design on the SMD boards has a few small changes from the schematic at post 300.....then so what! I want to get on and soon have a fully working amp; [and will do so once I can source FG and 1820 caps as originally briefed.]

Those who insist that they have a right to the updated circuit schematic may or may not have a valid point...but the great majority of us are perfectly happy...other than the difficulty in obtaining the correct caps.

IF anyone has further complaints on this I respectfully suggest that they air their feelings by email/PM directly with LC rather than risk souring this thread.;)

Can anyone recommend from their own experience the caps offered on ebay by Chinese vendors?

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I can't stop defending Mr. Lazy cat's right to keep the schematic secret. I don't think any forum member contributed to the schematic design, measurements and the PCB design. Mr. Lazy spent hours of testing, probably redesign couple of times. Initially he agreed to furnish the PCB and the ALFFET, but as many members asked about SMD parts, he went ahead provided almost all of the so that we have the best of the breed amplifier. Hats off to his effort, we have a chance to build one of the best amplifiers.

Here is my perspective, he can just simply assemble the PCBs as per the schematics published. Being a person who shares his knowledge, joy and happiness, he incorporated the changes he found during his testing to give us the best sounding amplifier. Because he spent lots of time and effort, I guess he has every right to monetize his ideas and sell his circuit to professional manufacturers. If a member don't want to build unless the schematics are known, he can simply desolder the components and build according to the published circuits. Not sure what is the legitimacy of the requests to publish ones work?

Even so we should all be informed about the secret improvments prior to shipping (no order from me if so).I'm resigning from this project but of course, I wish you all best of luck with this.

Edit: Thanks for your support ivanlukic

Last edited: