• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

For all other small changes to the circuit I believe that they do not make so much difference.
I listen to this channel for the whole day, and what can I say - this is the best amplifier that I have listened in my home. I always like the sound signature of Mosfet amplifier and I found that they sound sweet & musical. I have DIY a few MOSFET amplifiers and my old favourite WAS the Sigma from Dr. Bora.
I even make my own version of VSSA v1.4 using thru-hole components & Renesas 2SJ162/K1058 (PCB size = 100 x 90mm).

LC version is just better than all of them - absolute clarity in mid-range & treble plus controlled bass. The PCB is very compact & it can be fitted anywhere and LC has not wasted one mm space on this layout. Many thanks to LC who brings us this little beauty.
;)

It would be good when it is already predrilled.
I have only basic metal work capability.

Hi guys

Alu case will be complete with all plates and both heatsinks, pre-drilled holes with threads, bolts, anodized in nature Alu color, prepared for SMPS400A180 and VSSA modules to be installed in. Price tag would be somewhere around 200-250 EUR, still not confirmed yet but I will get the info this week as soon as Fischer will state the price for the heatsinks cut to 60 mm. ;)

Even so we should all be informed about the secret improvments prior to shipping (no order from me if so).I'm resigning from this project but of course, I wish you all best of luck with this.

I'm sorry if you didn't noticed that all along the thread from its begining I was improving VSSA on daily basis. The last and most improved version was tested just before manufacturing the modules and than sent to GB members. Please find and present my statement where I promised to send schematic together with the module. What it will be in the package was strictly specified and that was realized 100%. From my point of view I think I did it correctly, trying to make all GB members happy with the product. :rolleyes:

I can't stop defending Mr. Lazy cat's right to keep the schematic secret. I don't think any forum member contributed to the schematic design, measurements and the PCB design. Mr. Lazy spent hours of testing, probably redesign couple of times. Initially he agreed to furnish the PCB and the ALFFET, but as many members asked about SMD parts, he went ahead provided almost all of the so that we have the best of the breed amplifier. Hats off to his effort, we have a chance to build one of the best amplifiers.

Here is my perspective, he can just simply assemble the PCBs as per the schematics published. Being a person who shares his knowledge, joy and happiness, he incorporated the changes he found during his testing to give us the best sounding amplifier. Because he spent lots of time and effort, I guess he has every right to monetize his ideas and sell his circuit to professional manufacturers. If a member don't want to build unless the schematics are known, he can simply desolder the components and build according to the published circuits. Not sure what is the legitimacy of the requests to publish ones work?

Thank you routhun. Yes a lot of my time and energy involved and spent to realize this project. A lot for one person only. Sadly there's always someone not pleased with 0,001% of deviation from his expectation. :sad:

I'm sorry if you didn't noticed that all along the thread from its begining I was improving VSSA on daily basis.
Man, you have to ask-you a question: Are-you a good engineer ? The good engeneer design a poor amp, and keep-it as it, spending his time to promote himself !
And you make a terrific mistake: you listen to the amps you design with 'music', never fully satisfied.

To be serious one second, i do not understand what's happened, just a smell i don't like ... at all.

Here's my take on this... This product is probably going to be a commercial product sooner than later and I must congratulate LC for all of his hard work and I'm happy and honored of his kindness of letting us buy/participate in this amp.

If I was so lucky to have his knowledge and be able to bring a product to market I would be extremely happy about it.

Congrats LC!
Do

From my point of view I think I did it correctly, trying to make all GB members happy with the product. :rolleyes:

I learned the hard way that making everybody happy is not possible. The way you tried, though, in this multicultural environment that is diyAudio, and the opportunity you gave its members to be part of this high end product testing and enjoying is really something priceless. I can only say: THANK YOU and congratulations!
:cheers:

Thank you routhun. Yes a lot of my time and energy involved and spent to realize this project. A lot for one person only. Sadly there's always someone not pleased with 0,001% of deviation from his expectation. :sad:

2 above 200 that's make 1%, it's nore more that an prior satisfaction rate. Over VSSA project you always be present in SSA/TSSA thread helping as you can : i can witness as you really coach me for TSSA BIGBT HP layout.

Don't bother about "the 1%"...

I will probably try VSSA 1.4 with my layout and don't doubt that it will sound enough good to my ears..

Marc

I could not care less. I bought the complete module and when you can improve it, do it.
I do not need a circuit diagram.
I have not heard it but i have build my own version of the most simple and it sounded great.
I know how it feels to be bashed on a social forum.
Some time ago i closed my MPP thread because of that.
I reopened it because of popular demand though.
Anyway, when you do not come in conflict with the forum rules i see no reason that a few should destroy the fun.

I could not care less. I bought the complete module and when you can improve it, do it.
I do not need a circuit diagram.
I have not heard it but i have build my own version of the most simple and it sounded great.
I know how it feels to be bashed on a social forum.
Some time ago i closed my MPP thread because of that.
I reopened it because of popular demand though.
Anyway, when you do not come in conflict with the forum rules i see no reason that a few should destroy the fun.

Sadly fun is in here for few people. I bought LC VSSA module : offer seems to me more than honest : Lot of engenier work, LC paid all stuff (PCB/Transistors...) without any GB paid what they order....

Marc

I thought that this is enthusiast's forum for discussion and exchange of ideas. Buying finished product with some copyrighted secrets built in the product is another game. But in the end it turned out to be selling. I am surprised that this thread turned out to be something completely different from what it appeared to be in the beginning. Even the very act of migrating the thread to Vendor's Bazaar at this late point (after the product is sold in a commercial copyrighted form) form is extremely problematic.

But I am not surprised to see so many people letting it go without any consequences. The point is that forum members were not informed about true nature of this thread!

To be serious one second, i do not understand what's happened, just a smell i don't like ... at all.

Esperado,

What happened is that earlier we talked about excellent amplifier and how it can be improved, not expecting (or suspecting) for a second that at some point schematic will become a secret. Now we only talk about how many pieces, how much money, etc...

I thought that this is enthusiast's forum for discussion and exchange of ideas. Buying finished product with some copyrighted secrets built in the product is another game. But in the end it turned out to be selling. I am surprised that this thread turned out to be something completely different from what it appeared to be in the beginning. Even the very act of migrating the thread to Vendor's Bazaar at this late point (after the product is sold in a commercial copyrighted form) form is extremely problematic.

But I am not surprised to see so many people letting it go without any consequences. The point is that forum members were not informed about true nature of this thread!

I think your are far from the truth. First the thread as you said it was move in vendor's bazaar and that must cut all discussion. I follow LC from begining of SSA/TSSA/VSSA adventure and you have enough stuff to built if your interest to as VSSA 1.4 too. What's the matter if you don't have the latest little improvement as VSSA 1.4 is know as perfectly acting??? Shann and other, through "peeceebee" version have taking more DIYway with full LC support, than what the matter. I think the more we can do is to respect LC decision. He is free too publish or not his work...

Nelson pass has released his old schematics too but not the most recent commercials ones and that is shocking noboby......

Marc

Last edited:
This will be my last words on this (commercial) aspect of this thread.

My Serbian upbringing dictates to me utmost respect for AKN. When realized that he has been manipulated he stopped with this project, while some other forum members unashamedly showed an ugly consumers face screaming out loud: "Give me high end amplifier for 80 euros!", almost asking to be manipulated. Schwed gave us all a lesson in moral attitude!

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
you would grab the chance too, if you had it

I hope LC gets filthy rich, and that he will still remember 'we'(the forum) made it possible

anyway, there is still plenty of info to go from, in several threads

IMO....I suggest a clean sheet, and move on

strickly my personal opinion as regular DIY member :D

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I might have been more worried if noone complained at all
lets not call more in :D

just doesnt make sense to dwell with it forever
its just the way things go sometimes
VSSA is in commercial forum now
LC delivered what he promissed
and thats it

besides, plenty of good stuff to work on...DIY is better than talking :p

One has to, from time to time, take a step back and see the world from a little farther:

Laws, rules and commandments were created because we are not perfect subjects and bad behavior is potentially harmful for mankind or for oneselves: there are some of us that behave badly, be it morally or ethically.
Once mankind had reached a certain level of devellopment, the law (and the Law) will not be needed as every one will do willingly what is due.

Now, occidental world is still on an economic system of free marquet or whatever the term you like to use. Two (at least) interaction modes are possible between subjects:
a) concurrence (competition) which is the commonest and which promotes selfishness, secrecy, and egoism; and
b) cooperation which is, sadly, less common, and which makes us incline over altruism, mutual enrichment and mutual understanding.

I am happy to think that DIYaudio forum works on the second mode :)
Altruistic behavior, which will be the rule in our future stage of devellopment, is to be applauded, not to be punished...

LC has clearly behaved in a meritory altruistic mode in all his work. It is a pity that we reward him all his immense effort with harsh remarks about hidden motifs in relation with minor aspects of his masterpiece.

With behavior like that, we are forcing the best of us to hide and be reluctant to share the knowledge...and we are supposed to be some form of intelectual elite... :(
What is to be expected from the less gifted?
Shame, shame...

Yours,
M.