• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Board connected and functioning properly! :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5733_resize.JPG
    IMG_5733_resize.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 791
Hi, anyone use the amanero with the acko dac?

I'm seriously looking at the 9023 DAC-AKD-20 (NEW RELEASE).

hmm it would seem a bit of an odd choice, not the ackodac, he makes great stuff, but the 9023 neither handles DSD, nor higher than 192kHz, so that rules out 2 of the major advantages of this board. I think if you are looking at connecting ackodac and amanero, it might be worth hanging on for a little bit.... not for the 9023 though. now if neither of those 2 things interest you, then yes I think its a good design. ive been running the amanero with the AKD12P and fifo, good stuff

Last edited:
Got mine too and it is playing DSD with the original TPS Buffalo24. The Sabre 9008 autodetects between PCM and DSD and plays so no messing around with writing I2C to Registers for this feature. However it still needs I2C comms to switch between SPDIF and I2S so I still need to investigate the Amanero Config Utility to decide whether I should use that or go the full hog with Arduino.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hey,

Got mine yesterday and am somewhat in awe of the possibilities inherent in this small board :)

Have installed the drivers and my computer installs the driver (32 bit WIN7 professional) & recognizes the board when inserted, however, there's no "program" or anything in the windows program selection that I can startup an "amanero dialog/firmware" with. Might I have missed something?

When I go to the C drive and into programs I do find an amanerofolder which is called setup32. Should I startup this one?

Sorry if this has already been discussed - & help is appreciated :)

Jesper

Hey,

Got mine yesterday and am somewhat in awe of the possibilities inherent in this small board :)

Have installed the drivers and my computer installs the driver (32 bit WIN7 professional) & recognizes the board when inserted, however, there's no "program" or anything in the windows program selection that I can startup an "amanero dialog/firmware" with. Might I have missed something?

When I go to the C drive and into programs I do find an amanerofolder which is called setup32. Should I startup this one?

Sorry if this has already been discussed - & help is appreciated :)

Jesper

Firmware/I2C Tool

what are you looking for? there is no control panel if thats what you are looking for. there is the device for programming i2c etc, but for audio setup this is all controlled by your audio host. you do not need to set anything up, you select it in your audio setup control panel, it will play audio it can play, simple as that. what settings would you expect to have?

I double triple checked the amanero to teleporter to teleporter to sidecar connections of the buffalo III. I replaced a Teradac with the amanera so it should be ok. Connections from Sidecar to Amanero:
Data-> Data
LRCK-> BCLK
BCK-> FSCLK
Gr-> Gr
Are these right? I got a "radio tuning in and out sound out of it this am on a 192 hi rez file but last night nothing except a thump or two.