• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi,

A quick question about using the amanero board with the ES9018: Any of you run the amanero board directly into the ES9018 - without additional microcontrollers or the like? I.e the amanero board has (some) of the features to set-up the ES9018?

Greetings,

Jesper

Last edited:
Hi Domenico,

I received my board today. OS X Audio Midi Setup detected the board just fine. It was my lucky day. I saved $6.50 in HST taxes since Canada Post overlaid their Canada Post Registered Mail sticker overtop the declared value written on the Postitaliane label so they didn't charge taxes when I picked it up. Thanks Canada Post and thank you Domenico for offering this group buy.

Cheers.

i'm sticking by my theory, have you measured it as DC or it just sounds like a transient? DC coupled or not, (more likely to come from a glitch than a signal), DC offset is near impossible to be caused with opa1632, though it will reproduce it. I believe its the transition from DSD to PCM.

I guess you are not using the DSD filter setting? are you switching from one to the other?

What leads me to believe it is a DC issue is:
I also have 'plop' noises during DSD-Playback when I change the volume on my preamp. It is a relais switched resistor volume control.

When relais switch the resistors in and out to signal line, this will cause a transient, when there is DC voltage present. I can not proove that yet, as I haven't measured yet - but it is a strong indicator ?

I do not change any settings in Buffalo-III (dip-switches), it seems to automatically accept either (I2S) PCM or DSD. Hm...will check wiring and configuration of the 8-channels in Buffalo-III DAC, maybe I have something wrong there.

Last edited:
WOW

I'm even more excited now.

Jesper, the Amanero's firmware tool allows to assign I2C commands to events working as some sort of micro controller. They are saved to the boards flash memory and applied automatically each time the event takes place.

This is a capture of the tool's I2C tab:

I2Ctool.jpg

Jesper, the Amanero's firmware tool allows to assign I2C commands to events working as some sort of micro controller. They are saved to the boards flash memory and applied automatically each time the event takes place.

This is a capture of the tool's I2C tab:

I2Ctool.jpg

I am not sure how this works. Surely I2C control and configuration of external devices such as the Buffalo Sabre chips requires I2C connections to the Bufallo Board and I don't see any I2C connections on the Amanero Board.
Anybody shed some more light on this firmware tool and its use?