• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

I am testing Amanero with native DSD (no DoP) in Linux. Now this is possible.
See https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd
I have recompiled linux kernel and alsa-lib with the patches adding this to quirks.c
Code:
/* Combo384 Amanero */
    case USB_ID(0x16d0, 0x071a):
        if (fp->altsetting == 1)
            return SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_DSD_U32_LE;
        break;

I have also compiled mpd-dsd.

The only problem is that I have only the right channel playing (with some noise) but the left channel is mute. This with Native (non DoP) DSD.
Using DoP format both channels are playing right.

Remember that my Amanero card is connected directly to a passive filter (without DAC).

Some suggestions?
Im curious how does this setup sound?
Amanero directly into passive filter.

Please report back once you've got it up and running, because I have the same issue with my Stello DA100s that only takes 5V I2S input.

5v devices, usually runs with 3,3 imput signal.

But in your case, is better to use isolators ICs. You can obtain free PCB specified designed for Amanero board here. Free Amanero Isolator bare PCB Twin pack - DIYINHK

ISO7640FM can be replaced by any 150Mbps 4/0 channel isolator,
Texas Instruments ISO7240M
Analog Device ADUM3440
Silicon Labs SI8640
Silicon Labs SI8645
NVE IL715 should also work,

Regards.

5v devices, usually runs with 3,3 imput signal.

But in your case, is better to use isolators ICs. You can obtain free PCB specified designed for Amanero board here. Free Amanero Isolator bare PCB Twin pack - DIYINHK

Regards.

In most case it's real in fact the Amanero works well at 3,3V with the NS but the manufacturer say it's better with 5V!
If goin up to 5V will give good results i'll populate the DIYINHK isolator....

Some help please about amanero and Synology NAS.
Amanero direct to usb3 output of DS-112+ for audio streaming.
DS-Audio and Audio Station recognised the amanero like usb speaker (the same with other similar device like CMedia6631A, XMOS e.t.c) but when starts to play immiadiately stopping!
CMedia6631A, XMOS plays well with no any problem.

Has anyone experience about this issue?
Thanks.

It works fine on Syno USB 2.0 port.

Hi,

Which model do you have ? I had some googling but didn't find any hints on it; mine is a 210J... Hope one of the USB port can power at 5V/500 mA... (hummm have seen finaly also AudioStation is limited to 192 Khz !)

is there a problem at 352/384 streaming frequencies with Amanero and some DAC clock (100 Mhz ! Soekris's DAC speed ?) ?https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/amanero-reclocking-352-8k384k/

Any info on this also ?

Isolator for Amanero Combo 384

Hello - I have an Amanero Usb to I2S converter and would like to implement an isolator between it and the Buffalo III Dac board. I saw on a datasheet that a recommended isolator is the TI ISO7640fm chip. The problem is I don't (can't) do surface mount and couldn't find an equivalent TI product in a dip package. I did find an Avago product that is similar, however I would have to use two 8 pin dips to get the quad channels. The chip is in the HCPL-9000 series

Since my electronics knowledge is somewhat limited I would appreciate it if someone could look at the datasheet and verify that this product would work or recommend another chip that comes in a DIP package.

The data sheet is located at Avago?s CMOS digital isolator product family

Thank-you,

Rick

Joined 2007
Paid Member
@rdowdall:

I use an Acko reclocker/external XO myself which is a combination of an isolator and external oscillators i.e. oscillators outside of the Amanero board. There's a GB thread on this here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/227502-amanero-isolator-reclocker-gb.html

You probably will have to be able to solder parts of it unless you can find it second hand (I did - don't know if acko sells it assembled).

Best regards,

Jesper

Arduino Software for Smart Configuration USB input

Hello - I am in the process of adding the Amanero board to my BIII using the smart stereo configuration as described on the Hifiduino site. I've tried to download the code for the arduino but I get a message. "Down Load Failed".

Is there another source for the code?

Thanks,

Rick

Hello - I am in the process of adding the Amanero board to my BIII using the smart stereo configuration as described on the Hifiduino site. I've tried to download the code for the arduino but I get a message. "Down Load Failed".

Is there another source for the code?

Thanks,

Rick

The link work perfectly.

Link for download Version B11f (3/23/13) Remember, right clik "save link as" https://hifiduino.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/b11f.pdf

Regards