• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Did anyone get any answer from amanero (domenico)? I recommended this group buy to friends. They added themselves to the list an sent a PN to amanero but never got response Any other thing to do?

Hi curryman - hmmmm ... while understanding your question and need, I somehow just hope that he is well ... I know this is not a reply to your question but it just came up ...

Cheers,

Jesper

hello,

I wanted to do a give DSD, I did everything to give work .It only problem was that when changing tracks give crackles (shot), I used a 2sk2201 as in the diagram but it does not work.

do you have any idea?

and as it does lampizator in your dsd dac?

LampizatOr DSD DAC

p.s sorry for my english

amanero_lpf.jpg

Amanero Combo384+CR LPF DSD256 unnecessary DSD DAC

Hi tonnytonny,
Very simple and interesting.
In google translate it says:"Pretty big pop noise will be appeared at the beginning of the first song, ... " but not sure whether there is pop/crackle after first track. Do you have after first track?
Also http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/260950-dsd-initialization.html here page 2 it is stated that its a general player issue. Have a look at that thread. Don't remember what was the user using as player (foobar etc.) and source (PC etc.)... Also what you are using as source and player.
Also how is the sound, how would you describe or compare to something else?
Arda

I have been trying to find some documentation on the i2C interface. I believe the amanero can be used via usb/i2c to control an ES9018 DAC? I would like to try this on my Quanghao's Hi-END DAC to have both USB and IR control of volume and source. I plan on using linux.

it is very simple. in a config tool you have events and you can appoint command which correspond to them. You can setup bits for write in some registers for any i2c address. I now do the project on Arduino which according to i2c DAC operates and brings information to LCD. consider that i2c at amanero 3.3v

I am testing Amanero with native DSD (no DoP) in Linux. Now this is possible.
See https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd
I have recompiled linux kernel and alsa-lib with the patches adding this to quirks.c
Code:
/* Combo384 Amanero */
    case USB_ID(0x16d0, 0x071a):
        if (fp->altsetting == 1)
            return SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_DSD_U32_LE;
        break;

I have also compiled mpd-dsd.

The only problem is that I have only the right channel playing (with some noise) but the left channel is mute. This with Native (non DoP) DSD.
Using DoP format both channels are playing right.

Remember that my Amanero card is connected directly to a passive filter (without DAC).

Some suggestions?

hello,

I wanted to do a give DSD, I did everything to give work .It only problem was that when changing tracks give crackles (shot), I used a 2sk2201 as in the diagram but it does not work.

do you have any idea?

and as it does lampizator in your dsd dac?

LampizatOr DSD DAC

p.s sorry for my english

amanero_lpf.jpg

Amanero Combo384+CR LPF DSD256 unnecessary DSD DAC

I have the same problem and try work with cpld to controll dac chip. pin 'Mute' on Amanero not work correct for that diagram...