• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another project, all digital DDX amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I love it. I cant remember anything like this being available to DIYers. Perhaps MiniDSP but the two are very different.
Nice job hifi! I definitely want a pair of these!
I am sure these are great for hifi as well, but one thing this will do for the DIYer is to make building subwoofers so much easier. Why do we need huge passive crossover networks or a subwoofer management system when we can have this? That makes me think that a suggestion would be control of the phase so that we actually can simply drop this into a subwoofer box and tune it quickly. Having the remote will be wonderful at that point.
As far as subwoofer management goes it would also be nice to have a built in EQ. At least a 3 band parametric.
Uriah

Last edited:
A needed solution

This is looking great. I've been trying to find a compact all-in-one solution for running a sub with small full-range mains. Best existing option seems to be a home theatre receiver but that's rather big.
I'd suggest making the remote an option, if all functions can be managed without it. Remote probably isn't needed for an office system. Keeping display board separate so it can be mounted on its own is versatile. And please do drop the "+" and third digit from temp display.
Amazingly fast progress so far, can't wait for more!

bearberry

We have functions:
Master volume control (for all channels);
Input channel switching (4 chs)
Bass crossover frequency for sub woofer, 80~360Hz with 20Hz/step;
Preset EQ selection (Jass, Rock, bass booster etc);
Anti-clipping mode and Nighttime listenning mode.
and will add more below later:
Tone adjustment;
Other crossover functions etc.

We have functions:
Master volume control (for all channels);
Input channel switching (4 chs)
Bass crossover frequency for sub woofer, 80~360Hz with 20Hz/step;
Preset EQ selection (Jass, Rock, bass booster etc);
Anti-clipping mode and Nighttime listenning mode.
and will add more below later:
Tone adjustment;
Other crossover functions etc.

Jazz please, not Jass

Sounds very nice hifimediy :).

I don't care much for preset EQ settings, how about just an EQ that you can manually adjust? Presets are very high-school stereo like and rarely fit your speakers in your room, but a manually adjustable EQ can be very nice in many circumstances (although not "audiophile").

I agree. Some of the settings you mention (e.g., volume, crossover, input switching) are important for a DIY amp. But detailed sound processing is less critical. I suspect most people will be using this board with a PC or a media player that already has a built-in equalizer and similar features.

In fact, I can't think of many audio devices that include a USB or digital SPDIF output, yet don't already offer on-board sound processing. Not to say that you shouldn't include this functionality, just that it's probably not as important at this stage.

Also... as a general remark. Your T-amps look like very nice quality so do not feel tempted to save 2-3 USD on crappy components like some chinese producers do. Most people will gladly pay a small bonus for decent electrolytes and units dimensioned correctly :). Not high-end by no means, just decent caps like panasonic etc. instead of noname, JLC or similar.
Your reputation as a seller who uses nice quality components will give you more business than what you can earn by earning a few USD more per item.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.