• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Attempt at giving back: 6L6GC SE amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While I agree the un-bypassed cathode resistor would contribute more schade style
feedback I just don't find the "need" for it, I find the amount of distortion being made
here quite acceptable with the amount of feedback being utilized in this simple circuit
and I like the gain/sensitivity I get with the LED.

What I'm saying is as far as specs an listening impressions I find this setup working in
the realm of what it was designed to do, rather straight forward, easy to build and for
me I find it "good enough" on the spec sheet.

From listening impressions I find a UL connected pentode in single ended "needs" very
little extra feedback to do what I want it to do with most pentodes I've used.

I'm certainly not saying you couldn't build better amp, but I feel this one is pretty nice
and it's easy to dial in as far as decent specs an sound, from my point of view anyway. :)

This is by far not my only amp, nor the most engineered amp, just a pretty nice amplifier.

A pentode front end running from the UL tap for it's B+ is being experimented with as well.
(E-Linear style, like Douglas (Bandersnatch here) and Pete millet have been working with)

Cheers,
Keg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.