• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

Yes, I use the TVC only with the #26 or by itself.
In my initial experiments with the #26 I used an attenuator. When I rebuilt it, too many things changed so I can not give you a direct comparison.
I think that you have the TVC in a separate box, so you can easily compare.
With the 6V6 only with a cheap pot and is the one I like most. Will try something better when funds allow and I rebuilt the 6V6. Mind you it' s the buffer version.

As promised I try cathode follower without ft3 using simply and old pio (the ones i'm waiting came from Siberia....) and the result Was exciting .... Some litle noise due (i'm sure) to a poor cabling but a very very consistent song i like it very much.
Next step: new caps, a decent cabling and a beautsiful box!
http://mailtouch.rossoalice.alice.it/cp/applink/mail/Downloader?dhid=attachmentDownloader&messageId=19252&accountName=DefaultMailAccount&folderPath=INBOX&contentDisposition=attachment&attachmentIndex=0&u=santorofamily&d=alice.it&t=7629117d22d768119844&s=700311325460

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
As promised I try cathode follower without ft3 using simply and old pio (the ones i'm waiting came from Siberia....) and the result Was exciting .... Some litle noise due (i'm sure) to a poor cabling but a very very consistent song i like it very much.
Next step: new caps, a decent cabling and a beautsiful box!
http://mailtouch.rossoalice.alice.it/cp/applink/mail/Downloader?dhid=attachmentDownloader&messageId=19252&accountName=DefaultMailAccount&folderPath=INBOX&contentDisposition=attachment&attachmentIndex=0&u=santorofamily&d=alice.it&t=7629117d22d768119844&s=700311325460

Nice initial result. Congrats. Attachment link failed though. Use advanced reply options here to upload it via the manage attachments menu.