The Weather

Oh how much can happen in a week! The upper pic is taken April 10th, lower April 17th. Terrace views from London and Jyväskylä... We spent a week at my daughter's family in London - it was very nice but as nice it is to come back home! Fortunately the warm high followed us and most of the snow will be gone after this week. And I'll take my motorbike out too!
greenhamrd vs oravankj 0422-vert.jpg
foreca 180422.jpg

We get the same variation, but all in our own back yard!

A couple a days ago I’m sitting on the deck in sunshine, then this evening it’s back to snow. It’s just started and we’ll have a few more hours of it.

Attachments

• 17B82A82-9994-4F72-BE8D-B2DAB344AC07.jpeg
    17B82A82-9994-4F72-BE8D-B2DAB344AC07.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 12E7BD3B-814F-4C16-8879-4CF95060906A.jpeg
    12E7BD3B-814F-4C16-8879-4CF95060906A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Chicago is the same way. We get a couple teaser days during spring and then it gets cold again. Then one day it gets hot and sticky and it stays that way for 3 months. That day is probably 30 days away.

You're describing the same weather we have had here for a week. We had one warm day and then rain, cold, wind. I would sure like to see a little sunshine.

Reactions: 1 users

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
What is Fahrenheit again?
A Canadian asks? What units do you use? Frozen turkeys in metric, fresh in imperial? The Gimli Glider.

Fahrenheit invented the practical portable accurate thermometer and a scale to use it. Celsius was an astronomer who simply simplified, corrected, and rationalized Fahrenheit's work.

it was a facetious comment, duder
Of course. And Gimli hardly compares to a US NASA miles/kilometers screw-up. (Or was it force?) But I gotta tweek you guys sometimes, else it gets boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
A Canadian asks? What units do you use? Frozen turkeys in metric, fresh in imperial?

Fahrenheit invented the practical portable accurate thermometer and a scale to use it. Celsius was an astronomer who simply simplified, corrected, and rationalized Fahrenheit's work.
I'm pretty sure it was a facetious comment, duder :)
Hence my reply in °Rankine

Reactions: 1 user