The food thread

^ Haven't played around with Mirasol chiles, but their description seems up my alley. Likewise Padrons. Will have to see if I can get them around here!

Add roasted serrano chiles to your repertoire. A bit hotter than jalapenos, but generally a better flavor/heat ratio, IMO. I find them too much raw, though. (Could be me)

Edit: nevermind, Mirasol = Guajillo peppers. Yes, use them occasionally. Should probably use them more.

Last edited:
Jalopeno, mirasol, poblano

Of course dried poblanos are called anchos, and they have mild heat and a sweet, almost prune-like flavour. I am partial to New Mexico Reds (dried Anaheim) as a dried chili, usually seen in ristras. For a lovely, bright, almost citrus-like flavour with good heat, it's hard to beat pequins. A nice mild smoked chili is the Morita. And you can't make a mole sauce without pasillas.

Last weekend there was some time to do this roast pork, it was half price and 4 persons with good appetite. Added some noodles and sald, and it was really delicious.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 148
No rosti?

No, noodles, we live in a city, not in the mountains! :D

Of course i like Rösti and also Aelplermagronen, but not always.
Yesteray i did a Chili con Carne, follwing a recipe from Eckart Witzigmann and i found it to better than every Chili con Carné *Original Style* i ever did, but on the other hand i never had one original style, so what is right and what is wrong?:p