John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stick for the moment to my original position that Cin or Ciss does not change much with Idss, but it certainly changes with device type (geometry and area), especially without a current source load, or cascoded.

John you are probably more right than wrong on this and I think the whole issue of cascoding and FET "stacking" in the verticle as well as horizontal direction is under explored. Cascoding with mixed types give a whole range of possibilities.

BTW you have in the past OK'ed slight dynamic forward bias on an open-loop FET stage. Going from -.2V to +.2V Vgs is a huge modulation of Ciss even though there is still no forward current.

drift

Don't quite get the drift here, I certainly am not in the audio industry. The non-DIY aspect to me is "if you can't get X unobtainable part there is no point in proceeding".

simply that Key isn't a high end audio industry equipment wonk, doesn't seem to be trying to learn from the Blowtorch Master, is asking OT questions of the guru in his thread, and then wonders why all the flack...

sort of like a Geddes thread...

that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.