• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: A Couple Clarifications From Cardas

WRT the price of the 1-lb roll of solder.[/B]
The solder is one of the few item from Cardas where there is a significant quantity discount. DIYCable will not be able to take advantage of that discount with our quantities.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What quantity is required? Good solder is difficult to get and I wonder if we can persuade people to take part.

Otherwise, are there other recommendations, especially for people in Europe.

WBT solder doen't do my lings any good at all. Quite Foul. TRT solder is difficult to get in the fine size needed for SMT work. Kester doen't specify silver content clearly.:smash:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Re: A Couple Clarifications From Cardas

fmak said:
WRT the price of the 1-lb roll of solder.
The solder is one of the few item from Cardas where there is a significant quantity discount. DIYCable will not be able to take advantage of that discount with our quantities.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What quantity is required? Good solder is difficult to get and I wonder if we can persuade people to take part.

Otherwise, are there other recommendations, especially for people in Europe.

WBT solder doen't do my lings any good at all. Quite Foul. TRT solder is difficult to get in the fine size needed for SMT work. Kester doen't specify silver content clearly.:smash: [/B]
I will try to contact Cardas today, but for sure by Monday to see if there is anything that can be done. Although, I would expect half price or anything like that. May a few dollars off.

Kester Eutectic Solder is SN63/37, Lead and tin no silver content. You can not really have true Eutectic solder with any other mix. The special feature of SN63/37 is that it's melting point is exactly 463 Deg. and it's plastic state is only a few degrees wide reducing the chance of cold solder joints or fractures. It is not superior in regards to conductivity such as silver content solders. The more silver however the more difficult it becomes to control the plastic state. The costs involved are not a measure of it's contents but rather a reflection of production costs over other formulas. I was trained in Mil Spec production techiniques in my formative years in Military contracting and this is all they would certify for production use.

Regards

Anthony

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Orders Are Coming In

I have started to send order confirmation emails to those that already placed their orders. I haven't processed them all yet but yours is coming soon.

I will accept requests for the price list up until Wednesday, the 25th at 12 midnight EST.

I would like to place the order in the first week of March.
All orders must be paid in full before I can place the order to DIYCable. Please try to make your payment with PayPal.

For more information, see the WIKI page.

I realize it is a bit late to ask questions, but does somebody know why the CTFA's are so different from the GRFA's? These are both female RCA's. It is obvious from the website picture that the GRFA's have the nut in front and CTFA's the rear, but the picture hints at something else more complex going on in the rear.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
leadbelly said:
I realize it is a bit late to ask questions, but does somebody know why the CTFA's are so different from the GRFA's? These are both female RCA's. It is obvious from the website picture that the GRFA's have the nut in front and CTFA's the rear, but the picture hints at something else more complex going on in the rear.
This post last years sale shows a closeup of the GRFA RCA connectors. the GRFA connectors has an intregal solder lug on the rear of the body. It is difficult to solder to, but is one piece so you can't beat the ground connection. The CTFA has a separate solder lug like most other RCA connectors.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Roddyama Flees the Country!

The latest news is that I have been scheduled to attend a meeting,... in Japan. I will be leaving March 2nd, 03/02/04 for one week and will return on March 9th.

What does this do for the bulk purchase?
It will only cause a slight delay.

Anyone making their payment with PayPal, thank you.

I will only accept check that are drawn on US banks, and only as a last resort. All checks have to clear my bank and PayPal which is a 10 day process. This is too long and will delay everyones order. Therefore if you cannot make your payment with PayPal, money orders are next prefered.
These payment should be made and in my hands by next Monday.

I would like to place the order to DIYCable as soon as I return. I will not be able to do this if there are too many outstanding payments. This will delay delivery for everyone.

I will continue to answer price requests through until Wednesday at midnight.
All orders must be in by Sunday at midnight, EST.
I will send the total charge to you via email. This is your invoice.

Have fun...........;)

Attachments

• cpa0028l.jpg
    cpa0028l.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 495
Regarding the Solder, if you want single core 21 gauge Eutectic solder it is available through Digikey.com at a ver reasonable price for 1 pound rolls.

Here are two Digikey part numbers to look at, it is what I always use anyway.

BTW I was off by 100 Deg on the fluid point it is 363 Deg. not 463 Deg.

KE1112-ND - SOLDER RA FLUX 23AWG 63/37 .5LB
KE1524-ND - SOLDER NO-CLEAN 21AWG 63/37 1LB

found at http://www.digikey.com/ or http://www.digikey.ca/

Regards

Anthony

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Anyone making their payment with PayPal, thank you.

That doesn't mean that you cannot participate if you don't use PayPal. Send me an email and we'll work it out.

I will only accept check that are drawn on US banks, and only as a last resort. All checks have to clear my bank and PayPal which is a 10 day process. This is too long and will delay everyones order. Therefore if you cannot make your payment with PayPal, money orders are next prefered.
These payment should be made and in my hands by next Monday.

I would like to place the order to DIYCable as soon as I return. I will not be able to do this if there are too many outstanding payments. This will delay delivery for everyone.

I will continue to answer price requests through until Wednesday at midnight.
All orders must be in by Sunday at midnight, EST.
I will send the total charge to you via email. This is your invoice.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
There is an addition to the Cardas parts list.

SLVR RCA male, eutectic Brass, 9mm, Silver plate

Has been added to the list at the same price as the
GRCM Male RCA Plug

Anyone that has already paid and wishes to change or if you have placed your order and wish to change or add to may do so by sending me an email.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
REQUEST DEADLINE EXTENDED!

I have extended the price list request deadline.

You can request the price list up until Saturday at midnight EST.

Don't wait until the last minute. Get your requests in. I will be extending the payment and shipping schedule as well. More to follow.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
The New 2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase Schedule.

Request for the Price List will be accepted, by email ONLY, up until Saturday at midnight EST.

I will be away from my computer from March 2nd through March 10th. For this reason I have pushed the schedule out by a week.

Ordering will end on Saturday, March 13th at midnight, EST. No orders will be accepted after that time.

If you make your payment with PayPal, thank you because it is the preferred method and saves me a lot of work and time.

If you cannot or plan not to use PayPal, your payment must be in my hand by Monday, March 15th.
On Tuesday, March 16th, I will finalize and submit the complete order. If I do not have your payment, your parts will not be included. I will return all late payments!

I hope to take receipt of the parts by early the week of March 23rd. I will began shipping within two day of receiving the order from DIYCable.

If you are having a specific problem with this schedule, you should email me so we can work it out.

Please ask all general questions here in this thread. READ FIRST, ask questions after you do not find your answer in this thread or in the 2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase WIKI page.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.