DCB1 Black, White and Red Kits - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2011, 03:10 PM   #11
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

The kits are all sold out.
It should be a few more days before I start to deliver. Still need some packing stuff and LED's.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 On order |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 13th October 2011, 03:15 PM   #12
1MOR is offline 1MOR  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the update! Any snow up there yet?
Old 13th October 2011, 03:26 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Stop that! No. It was 80 last weekend
Salas Boards 2014 #2 On order |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 14th October 2011, 01:48 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I have got some ziplocks, and am moving forward.
If anyone wants me to strip off the Elna cap covers for that bare aluminum look, with a scratch or two from doing that, let me know. otherwise I will leave them intact.

Because of heatsinking constraints, I ordered the default 10R for current set resistors. Nice big black Dale wirewounds.

Other than that, I am waiting for backorder of a few parts, but will try to start shipping a few of the international ones this weekend.
Take care opening the bags, there are some really small parts in some of them. The elna cap for the startup reg is very small and easy to misplace.
Old 16th October 2011, 02:43 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

All the international one's have shipped out.
The US bound one's will ship, I hope, this coming Wednesday.
Some of the Wima caps got back ordered so those should be here tommorow or Tuesday.

I may have not shipped a set of LED's (all in own ziplock bag) to someone. So please check that first. Also, I have a few too many BC517's. Look for these in the small transistor bag as well.
Sorry about these errors-but at least I did catch these.
Old 20th October 2011, 03:08 PM   #16
C37 is offline C37  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi Teabag,

Parcel received today with kit and BiBs! Wow, that's fast! I've seen a bag of leds in the ziplock and will check for the BC's later this evening when i get back home.

Thanks-kits like this are very handy, sometimes i'm stuck in projects because I cannot find the time to spend hours on sites like mouser etc.

Thomas
Old 20th October 2011, 07:11 PM   #17
sureshm is offline sureshm  Australia
diyAudio Member

My kit arrived today too. Thanks Teabag! I am one of the lucky ones to have a full kit with leds and BC.
Old 23rd October 2011, 06:23 PM   #18
syklab is offline syklab  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi Teabag,
Thanks so much for the effort in preparing the kit, my kit arrived on the 21st too. All the BC's are accounted for but noticed there are 2 items not matching with the original BOM list for the full kit:

Connector block 3 pos 571-1776119-3 2 qty received =1
LED RED 20ma qty received =24

Do I need those ?
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:14 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syklab View Post
Hi Teabag,
Thanks so much for the effort in preparing the kit, my kit arrived on the 21st too. All the BC's are accounted for but noticed there are 2 items not matching with the original BOM list for the full kit:

Connector block 3 pos 571-1776119-3 2 qty received =1
LED RED 20ma qty received =24

Do I need those ?
Skylab, I certainly just miscounted the LED's.
Only one connector block is needed on input - the BOM was my mistake.
I would match what LED's you have, you want to get as close as possible sets of 5 and sets of 3. So there is extra to account for some that vary within the 1.8-1.9v They just need to in total add up to the same voltage.
It's doesn't need to be absolute - but it helps keep other measurements the same all else considered. We want to keep the DC offset as minimal as possible.
That being said, if you need extra LED's after matching, let me know.
Old 27th October 2011, 12:56 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

So all these kits have been shipped.
One thing I might not have mentioned - the blue resistors are 1R resistors that go at the end of the power supply, but if you dont like the color - just jumper them. They were added in there more to voltage measurement purposes than true functionality. PRP does not do below 10R, so no matching resistors there.

Hide this!Advertise here!