• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Scan Speak OEM and standart line and other drivers spring clearance sale(over 100psc)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scan Speak OEM and standart line and other drivers spring clearance sale (over 100psc)

hi there, well its becomes some tradition so I'm again posting some drivers which i will not

need/ or do not have time in this years projects. Hope they will find new homes where will be used for primary purpose- to provide sound rather that colecting dust on my shelfs

I ranked drivers condition to three categories -
A- new, never used,
B-new, used ~30hours only for testing purposes while designing speaker(mostly line arrays, so

they didnt got much power into them), May have some wearing signs like damaged paint in places

where bolts was screwed to bafle
C-new,unused or used for testing purposes with cosmetic damage due improper handling(i will send photo of all drivers)
D- used drivers.

before going further I did some short list of some terms in rules which will help to keep both of us happy
1) First and most important - I will not ship drivers(woofers) in plain/poor packaking anymore. that means for 2x 2.4kg(pair) drivers shipping weight will be no up to 7kg.(price for 6.0-7kg is the same) Scan spak have quite fragile frames and I receiver too much damaged parcels claims in past. Post ofice does not handle parcels gently ,and if some plain packaked driver sucesfully passed travel and survived- its more like miracle rather than normal thing. the same aplies to most shipping services I used.
2)I will do photo each exact driver we are talking befor transaction. All driver will be tested and on request i can do set of measurements you are interesting in.
3) EU shipping is prefered, but i can ship all over the world as long as you pay shipping.
4)Payment via Paypal (+3%) or Wire bank transfer
5) Shiping rates(via airmail priority- real delivery time 10-18days d) is listed here-

International rates via air mail
curency is in LTL (roughly 1EUR=3.456LTL, 1USD= 2.5USD)

Due lack of time please do not ask to calculate shipping weight and/or price - if you realy interested it takes less 2 minutes to calculate shipping rate and weight(just ad 25% weight of raw driver to parcels up to 10kg, and 20% to parcels up to 20kg to any country.

6) if you want more drivers than pair for DIY project i may do some aditional discount.

SCAN SPEAK BRAND DRIVERS
1)15W/8530K01(more than 4pairs available), conditions A- 100EUR/psc, B-90EUR, C-70EUR, D-80EUR
2)15W8531K01 -uncoated version 1psc ,C- 70EUR
3)15W8530K00- A- 100EUR/psc, B-90EUR, C-70EUR, D-80EUR
4)15W8531K00 (will check later)
5)15W8531G07 (wll check later)
6)15WU8741T00 -1psc A-150EUR
7)21w8554-00 4psc C-70eur, D-80EUR
8)21w8554-xx 4psc (coated black kevlar, cooper phase plug, OEM) 120-100EUR/psc
9)18w8545-00 more than 10psc A-100eur, B-90eur,C-85eur
10)18w8545K-00 more than 10psc A-100eur, B-90eur,C-85eur
11)18w8542-xx OEM more than 6psc, some have white aluminium pahese plug, some ProAc logo on dustcap 65-85eur/psc
12)21w4555 carbon fiber cone 1psc 10 90eur/psc
13)21w855x-xx OEM for Wilson audio WATT/PUPPY 8 300-320EUR/each
14)21w855x-xx OEM for Wilson audio Sasha WP 350-380EUR/each
15)13M8640-00 60eur/each

PEERLESS BRAND DRIVERS

1)PEERLESS XXLS 12inch drivers A 100eur/psc (custom dustcaps)
2)PEERLES 8inch OEM drivers for klein and hummel active monitors

FOCAL JMLab BRAND drivers

1) FOCAL TBU tweeters (OEM to JMLab grande utopia Be 2002) more than 4 pairs available new unused-800EUR/each.
2)Focal TBU Tweeters with titanium dome (the same or similar) to Kharma tweeters 500eur/each

ACCUTON BRAND DRIVERS

1)C220 4psc 2psc A- 400eur/each, B-380eur/each
2)c173n 4psc A 400eur/each B-380eur/each

I have some other drivers which I will be going to part with and will add later

I am also interested in trades- amplifier parts-
1)heatsinks, complete cases, for class A amplifiers
2)toroids 700-2000VA, 230/240/ 14-25V secondaries
3)fairchild,IRFP, Toshiba mosfets, as wel as J-fets like r100/r550, also sj 74 small signal j-fets
4)Vishay VPR/KSS power resistors 20W 0.5-10ohm range
5)compact iron core or bar inductors 1.5-3mH
6) Siemens /Epcos sikorel any voltgage and capacity (not older than 1998year)
7)Focal Audiom 11WX(single) and 15wx drivers(single or pair)
8)3000-5000VA 230/2x 115V toroids

have fun with projects!

Last edited:
Please send me the pics for a pair of 15W8530K00 "C" grade to salamtak :) gmail.com

These 13M8640-00 are by far the most finest midranges i ever had pleasure to listen to.
I'll rate them higher than 12m, if cooked propertly.

The 18w8542 with phase plug are interesting too, can i have a pics? One of the best 6.5" for midrange duty in 2-ways or WATT/PUPPY style 3ways.

Thanks!

I replied to some inquires today, I will need to do some photos tomorrow. PLEASE do not write to diyaudio mailbox as private message, as it always near fill and I do not see your emails to send photo. just send me mail.

I will be also glad to share thoughts on some specific xover for earlier listed drivers , desiging tips or drivers specific sonic signature if it will help you.

Please send me the pics for a pair of 15W8530K00 "C" grade to salamtak :) gmail.com

These 13M8640-00 are by far the most finest midranges i ever had pleasure to listen to.
I'll rate them higher than 12m, if cooked propertly.

The 18w8542 with phase plug are interesting too, can i have a pics? One of the best 6.5" for midrange duty in 2-ways or WATT/PUPPY style 3ways.

Thanks!

OK I will send.
as for 8640 they are better(sonicaly and technicaly) than 8636 which is trouble some driver IMHO, 12m revelator is smoother and darker sounding (less energy in 4khz) and better in 100hz range(if anyone will cross it so low) . 8640 will even go high enought without tweeter, and are more lively in higher midrange , some will adore this on human voice recordings very much. but i woulkd not let them very high crossed with bright sounding solid state amps.

Hi,

I would be interested in all 21w8554-00 or 21w8554-xx. What is the difference?
would need at least 4 equal drivers.

Also am interested in the 18w8545-00. would need at least 8 equal units.

How many of the PEERLESS XXLS 12inch do you have? I'm looking for a unit that can replace the 830500. need 2 or 4 units.

Would like to buy all IRFP fets

Pls contact me via PM

Hi,

I would be interested in all 21w8554-00 or 21w8554-xx. What is the difference?
would need at least 4 equal drivers.

Also am interested in the 18w8545-00. would need at least 8 equal units.

How many of the PEERLESS XXLS 12inch do you have? I'm looking for a unit that can replace the 830500. need 2 or 4 units.

Would like to buy all IRFP fets

Pls contact me via PM

21w8554-00 is stock drivers. 21w8545-xx(where xx is numbers) is OEM drivers. they have only same basket and VC as stock units. cone is double coated kevlar in black with beautiful cooper phase plug. T/S also litltle bit diferent CMS is lower, Fs higher. frequency response is better,its suitable in two way up to 3500Hz. thay are better drivers in general and will handle 30% more input power comaparing to stock 8554-00. I have 4psc of each.

I will not be able gather mached 8psc 8545-00 but i can do this for 8545K-00 its nor easy to do this as all scan speak carbon fiber cones are unstable during manufacturing proces and they have diferent behaviuor in 2.5-4khz area. not that threy sound bad, but each bach measures diferently. thats being said :)

I have 4psc peerles xxls 12inch 4 om RDC

I am not selling IRFP mosfets , but I can trade to them to my stuf. in yours case and drivers there will be MANY irfp :)

P.S> I sended photos to emails on those drivers which was asked yesterday.

Pls make me a price for:
21w8545-xx (4x)
peerles xxls 12inch 4 om RDC (4x)
13M8640-0 (4x)

including shipping pls.

I do have ~200 IRFP240 mosfets that are matched with a typical spread of 20mV per 25 fets.

I believe all 8640 are spoken for, if anybody will change its mind I will let you know. I will photo and measure each xxls later, here is 21w photo which i was talked about-

P.S. Everyone who wants to buy anyhting ,Please dont be lazy :) push few buttons and use my provided shipping calculator -price wont be any bigger or smaller than that -its just will be exact what you found here. one more repeat it-

http://www.post.lt/en/?id=180

curency is in LTL (roughly 1EUR=3.456LTL, 1USD= 2.5USD)

Due lack of time please do not ask to calculate shipping weight and/or price - if you realy interested it takes less 2 minutes to calculate shipping rate and weight(just ad 25% weight of raw driver to parcels up to 10kg, and 20% to parcels up to 20kg to any country.

Attachments

• DSC02564.jpg
    DSC02564.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,988
Last edited:
all emails sent.

Tarasque-OK vifas reserved for You. I already measured them. atached photo. they are new,never used. I have a datasheet somewhere, but it can be found on the net as well.
I will try test/measure 21w black kevlars and perless xxls this week
what price is for your IRFP 240 for 100psc? I may grab them for some trade as well, if price is good(i here get them at 0.92-1.10eur/psc depends on origin) my main interest is P channel fets 9240 and especialy fairchild also toshiba for F5 amp.

it would be more comfortable if we comunicate over emails not here-I may atach better photos quality and other benefits.

P.S. Typing error in previuos post exchange rate for usd is aproximately 1USD=2.5LTL ( actualy better- exact todays exchange rate is 1usd=2.601 LTL, EUR is locked to LTL so always stays the same)

P.S.2 when sending mail(s) please always include text in subject with driver model or name you are talking about. thanks

P.S.3 weight of raw driver can be found here
Scan-Speak Speakers from Madisound

OK seems that all info which are ENOUGHT to do do all calculations by yourselfs. :drink:

as long as I have enought boxes for packaking and damping materials- its free from charge to anyone.

have fun with projects

Attachments

• image404.jpg
    image404.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
yes its correct. atached photo(sorry my phone does not have autofocus su markings are blur). well google dosnt know everything ;) at least as much as we would like to believe :) ok more seriuosly- drivers with diferent marking are custom built by Scan speak to variuos specifications for manufatucturers like yg acoustic, sonus faber, wilson audio and so on. some of them measures the same, same diferent (targeted to specific needs of manufaturers) but overall - almost always better. customizations are mainly targeted on diferent cone material, weight, diferent and more exotic VC formers materials, more or less VC layers, VC height and so on.
15w8531g g07 is same as stock 15w8531 just it have some wood fiber injection into the cone (for better stifness ratio ,less 2nd harmonic- could be said more resollution in another words )

Attachments

• image414.jpg
    image414.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.