• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New project : R-2R Attenuator With Remote Control V2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bbp said:

Yes Fredv, and I replied it hours ago.

The last payment I got in 2009/01/08 20:56:41 GMT+8:00
Then my account is limited by paypal security center >_<

regards
Lu
Hi Lu,

For some reasons, I didn't receive your reply. Here is what I said
Looks interesting and not too complicated for me :)
I will order a balance version. Total cost is $95 shipped, correct?
If the amount is correct, should I wait to pay until you are clear with PP

Thanks,

volkit

Lu
in a reply to a post about a odb pass through you alluded to an ic i/v component to add to the volkit. Would you consider designing a buffer to follow the switcher/volume kit to enable two to three buffered outputs. I'm thinking a fullrange subwoofer output and perhaps a whole house audio feed. I know they would be tied to the level of the main out, ie downstream from the volume control, but I think this would be a very useful extension of the project. I was thinking of a seperate box with one in feeding to a regulated pwr board to a buffer then out through transformers or even just resistive leggs to the output rcas-
thank you for your efforts
rob lenk
i've found some promising boxes at mouser(1458c4b) that look promising for the r2 kit

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Lu, received my kits today and it looks great!

I do have a small problem - the display get's a bit strange when I use the volume up button on the remote - it slowly dims the display or seems to be changing the colour and eventually I can't see the output. I can get the display back by lowering the volume (volume down button). It works fine with the encoders. Any recommendation on this? I have 2 kits and only tested one, so not sure if it's a coding issue or if it's something that can be fixed with remote codes (hopefully).

A note on using this with the Aleph P1.7 - you would lose input switching if you put this on the output side as you would only be able to connect the output from the P1.7 to one of the inputs. A benefit of connecting it on the input side however, is that you can short out the input (-) to ground for single ended input in a balanced configuration.

I'm very happy with the kits and shipping was very fast!

Thanks again Lu

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Actually, I need to revise my earlier post - I do get disappearing display through the rotary encoder as well, when adjusting volume.

When the display is gone, if I mute, it comes back only while mute is on and I also noticed the display fades automatically sometimes when there is no activity.

Hope this helps

twitchie said:
Actually, I need to revise my earlier post - I do get disappearing display through the rotary encoder as well, when adjusting volume.

When the display is gone, if I mute, it comes back only while mute is on and I also noticed the display fades automatically sometimes when there is no activity.

Hope this helps

Fading after no activity sounds like a desirable feature, but does it do it inconsistently?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's a relay controlled stepped (ladder?) attenuator. The only things in the signal path would be relay contacts and resistors if I understand correctly.

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that the auto-fade was a bug. I think it's just a problem with the VFD management codes getting mixed up with the normal operation. It looks really nice otherwise.

I haven't had much time to test/play with it, so I don't have much else to say. I just powered it up to see that I had the connectors on the right way.

Help needed

Hi guys,

My paypal accout is limited still :bawling:
Paypal refuse to lift my account because I can't send the original waybill/shipping invoice. I can't get any of the invoice because I send the parcels through a POST AGENT in HongKong.
Could you take a photo of the waybill/shipping invoice on the original package,and send it to me?
I am waiting for your emails

Thank you

best regards
Lu

originally posted by SimontY
It seems Paypal can be a bit of a monster... there are whole websites dedicated to the horror stories. I hope you get it sorted out.

After all what`s out there on information on the web meanwhile about PayPal`s fraud activities and about how many people are affected by this (just feed google with "paypal account frozen"), I have to wonder how innocent people can be sometimes to think they can organize a groupbuy, to register a PayPal account and to collect a couple of hundrets or thousends of $$ just like that without ever getting into PayPal trouble.

PayPal IS a monster.
"Restricting" (as they call it) or better freezing (as I call it) accounts they do on a regular basis. When You deal with PayPal sooner or later this WILL hit You. They seem to favour freezing accounts after a pile of money rushed in but it can happen anytime.
They frooze my account about a year ago for NO reason (there even wasn`t much money in it). After over a year they still did not release it. I admit this is also due to that I do not care to play their BS procedure game to hopefully get my money out some day (faxes of electricity bills, provider documents and I don`t know what else and which You have to send over and over again because reputedly documents did not came through well etc. etc.)
They can shove them my money somewhere....I don`t care, I don`t want business with them anymore.

Hi Lu, any news?

I don`t want to rain anyones parade but be prepared that resolving this PayPal BS may take weeks, month, half a year or maybe forever.

I wish You good luck though!

SO , cocolino , you stopped responding to them, whats the point with your insane long post here?!
I think:

1.Paypal is hurting LU because he done deals outside ebay! (they have their cut there , oh well)

2. Don't go into the fax this and fax that, CALL them with SKYPE! Their operator (after you been forwarded x times) can lift the restriction. They can even give you new password!!

SO , cocolino , you stopped responding to them, whats the point with your insane long post here

Maybe this wasn`t exactly the right place and maybe a dedicated thread is overdue about Paypal and the risks involved but I did not think that it was that difficult to grasp. All I wanted was to point out that there are massive and serious problems with PayPal and I have the notion that many people here are unaware about what they get into.
If You think I`m just overcautious or paranoid, again, just google and read.

SO, short summary:

- Think at least twice if You REALLY want to use PayPal.
- When You use it, expect trouble at some time in the future.
- Once You got into trouble, don`t expect to solve this easy or quickly.

Was this short enough?

2. Don't go into the fax this and fax that, CALL them with SKYPE! Their operator (after you been forwarded x times) can lift the restriction. They can even give you new password!!

Even supposed I could use my account again after hassling around with them for weeks or month - for what? - only that they may freeze it again the next week or whenever they like.
I won`t fax nor Skype nor write nor call them, nor anything, I`m done with Paypal.

Paypal

Hi guys,

Thank you all. My paypal account is lifted after I upload the 31th file to PP yesterday. It cost me 10 days from 11th Jan to 21th Jan to solve this case >_<

I go back to my home town for the most improtant festival,The Spring Festival of China. So, new orders can not be ship in this period, please be patience.

My brother will go back to his workpale in 2rd Feb, the new orders will be ship the 2rd week of Feb :)

Thank you again
Happy new year to all of you

regards
Lu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.