• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EnABL kit

Dave,
I'm just reading these links and may have missed something. Do you apply the Mod-Podge first? Are you still using Damar? Is the three lobbed pappern I see on some pictures from the Mod-Podge? I have down loaded the EnABL pattern and plan to try on a pair of FE167. Any other mods I should try prior to the EnABL? I already have green iso-damp on the frame legs and some on the back of the magnet. I have yet to install the phase plugs (working on a DIY Balsa wood pair).

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
cygnus x1 said:
I'm just reading these links and may have missed something. Do you apply the Mod-Podge first? Are you still using Damar? Is the three lobbed pappern I see on some pictures from the Mod-Podge? I have down loaded the EnABL pattern and plan to try on a pair of FE167. Any other mods I should try prior to the EnABL? I already have green iso-damp on the frame legs and some on the back of the magnet. I have yet to install the phase plugs (working on a DIY Balsa wood pair).

The only place i use damar is to create the tri-foil (3-lobed pattern) on the FE126 & FE127. This goes on before the puzzlekoat (aka mod-podge). The pattern with the help of the mod-podge help tame the 7k peak -- the mod-podge also does other things)

There is an on-going thread on modding the FE167 which has some good info.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133645

dave

Ed,

Are you still offering these kits and can I pay by Paypal? I'm in the UK.

Is there any option of visible paint, as I'd prefer to see the pattern, especially whilst painting it?

I think this is a great idea as I'd love to try EnABL on some drivers (I already bodged the pattern onto my baffles, with some audible effect).

Thanks,
Simon