Low distortion, DSP based high gain servo controlled woofer controller.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ben send me an email I have quite a few articles on the subject.

Speed of electronic correction versus signal to the woofer are not the issues.

Greater issues are the opamps doing the correction overloading, and the amplifier trying to keep up with the signals being sent.

Still maintain a simple truism.

I have designed drivers that are inherently low distortion. It is not rocket science. It simply costs money to do right. Many of the better branded Pro-Sound woofers are there already. Faital Pro, B&C have some fairly long throw very low distortion drivers.

Taking a cheap driver and piling on a boat load of correction almost ends up costing the same amount of money.

But it is fun to make a silk purse out of a sow's ears.

But imagine one of those good woofers with servo control and electronically extended down to 20Hz in a small enclosure...

Oh wait, Mr. Erath did that in th 60's. I sure wish someone would use modern parts and do it better. My Servo works but could be soooo much better and more convenient it it were modernized.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.