Mcm 8" 55-2421 Ts parameter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Template

Time to get down to business. Here is a large print out of the plan to make a template to start building.

template.jpg
Erik check your pm

Thanks

Last edited:
55-2421

I have bought about a dozen of these woofers and made about a dozen cabinets. They are okay, certainty a good deal for the $$ (can be bought on sale for $30). The manufactures did make some improvements on the design a few years ago.
As far a cabinet – HUGE, e.g. 2cf, tune vent to 30hz, you’ll get crazy low bass. However, take it easy on the volume, they can be damage in loud action scenes. I would do not recommend them for car applications.
I’d go for the isobaric design (cut the volume in half and they’ll handle a lot more power), I did post a couple of pics this morning of the subs I’m using, with the 55-2421.
Recently I built two boxes (2 woofers each – 4 woofers total), one on each side of the room. The bass is amazing, better than many store bought subs. BTW, the bass is quite strong, even down to 25hz.

I have bought about a dozen of these woofers and made about a dozen cabinets. They are okay, certainty a good deal for the $$ (can be bought on sale for $30). The manufactures did make some improvements on the design a few years ago.
As far a cabinet – HUGE, e.g. 2cf, tune vent to 30hz, you’ll get crazy low bass. However, take it easy on the volume, they can be damage in loud action scenes. I would do not recommend them for car applications.
I’d go for the isobaric design (cut the volume in half and they’ll handle a lot more power), I did post a couple of pics this morning of the subs I’m using, with the 55-2421.
Recently I built two boxes (2 woofers each – 4 woofers total), one on each side of the room. The bass is amazing, better than many store bought subs. BTW, the bass is quite strong, even down to 25hz.

Nice work ODougbo, as for me I will be starting building very soon,as soon as Epa supply me with some more templates to make building easier and more accurate.

that doesn't sound right .
if u measure the template 11.87 and the 12.78 ,do those sizez measure the same?
if not, they did not do a 1:1 copy ,but a "fit to page" copy
edit/it should be aprox 34"*41"
before you print again,wait til i have the complete plan with all pannels 3/4(also the red one)

Last edited:
i'm sorry for the mixups.
now i see your tape measure,and i see the problem .
inches are diveded in 1/16 not in 1/10.:eek:
i dont now if my program can spit out a measures like that.
mcm%20plan%2018mm.jpg

take for example the 40.15" ,that wil be close to 40 1/8 ,but not exacly,because that wil be 40.125.
that is in metric 0.6 mm off.
not much but enough for confusion.
here we can buy cheap tape measures with both inches ,and cm's on it.
can you buy one there?

geting there.:)
now i'm of helping out a friend today,and tomorrow i'm gona make a new computer desk.
mcm%20plan%2018mm%20frac.jpg

Epa thanks for the updated plan. The 1/8'', 1/16'' is fine but the 1/32'' may be a problem. it may be hard to find a tape that measures 1/32''
I will check the internet and home depot to find a good measuring tape.
Also having a template for each part of plan would also helpout with the measurement accuracy

later

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.