Mcm 8" 55-2421 Ts parameter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sugested bracing
mcm%20plan%20bracing.jpg

Any measurement for the bracing.

i think its best if you draw the horn flare on the side pannels and measure from there
if the pannels are 12.2 or 11.9 they might not fit exactly.
maybe you can make them from left over strips of wood ,they dont need to be in one piece.
the bracing is just a sugestion of how it "could" be done.

yes you can ,but let me put some pro's and con's here
*a lot more weight to carry around.
*wood is much more expencive (same grade)
*$/db rate is going in the wrong direction.
*i have to redisign all(i don't mind but you have to be patient.)
*look@ the pic here this a verry solid construction even with 1/2 ply

with all the bracing as sugested i think it wil be fine (think of jbells ss15 uses also 1/2 ply)
however ,you could make the back,bottem,horn mouth and side pannels 3/4 ,but id wil ad cost and weight.

and then there is wood and wood, fi. 1/2 bb ply vs 3/4 underlayment.

yes you can ,but let me put some pro's and con's here
*a lot more weight to carry around.
*wood is much more expencive (same grade)
*$/db rate is going in the wrong direction.
*look@ the pic here this a verry solid construction even with 1/2 ply

with all the bracing as sugested i think it wil be fine (think of jbells ss15 uses also 1/2 ply)
however ,you could make the back,bottem,horn mouth and side pannels 3/4 ,but id wil ad cost and weight.

and then there is wood and wood, fi. 1/2 bb ply vs 3/4 underlayment.

I would love to used the 1/2"plywood butnone of the lumber store didn't bring any good quailty plywood.
i know using 3/4" ply will make the cabinet havier and cost more.
Few months ago i got a tapped horn plan from lilmike and could not build it because the plan was design for 1/2'' plywood and none of the stores bring good quailty.

ok i will wait.
can the redesign be done in Inches please
I will keep looking around maybe i will get lucky, anyone from the nyc area know where i can get some good quailty plywod.
i want to get one build and listen to before winter start.

Thanks

Last edited:
wel plywood is prefered.
but you could use 1/2"mdf for the first part of the horn,and make the outside panels 18mm underlayment.

Thanks epa sound like a good plan

Yesterday I went to lowes there 1/2 arauco ply is $35.00 a sheet and the 3/4" arauco ply is 40.00 a sheet. To be honest I rather the 3/4" ply than the 1/2" ply.
The 3/4" ply look and feel stronger.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.