Post your Solid State pics here

solder?
I thought from the top side pics, that you were using perf board.
Thanks again.

I am using Dot Board. Assembling is a breeze...

Attachments

• DSC05608.jpg
    DSC05608.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 1,639
My JFET_CD out PCB ..... not tested , just assembled ;) :)

Attachments

• IMG_4049.JPG
    IMG_4049.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 1,407
  • IMG_4051.JPG
    IMG_4051.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,269
  • IMG_4052.JPG
    IMG_4052.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_4054.JPG
    IMG_4054.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 1,124
  • IMG_4057.JPG
    IMG_4057.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 335
  • fetishizator_2.jpg
    fetishizator_2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:
LOL thanks mate, 'si-bi radio station', that is a good one. You got it all wrong, it is a Toaster... :D:D:D:D

The basic design started out as a HPA by GMarsh and I just added a few extra features to it. Eventually I added more and more stuff until I run out of room. Features such as IR, servo volume control, a lot more inputs, LCD, VU Meter, QTouch ect.

Cheers

Attachments

• _DSC02411.JPG
    _DSC02411.JPG
    806.4 KB · Views: 1,505
  • _DSC02905.JPG
    _DSC02905.JPG
    643.7 KB · Views: 1,404
  • _DSC04019.JPG
    _DSC04019.JPG
    634.6 KB · Views: 1,312
Last edited:
LOL thanks mate, 'si-bi radio station', that is a good one. You got it all wrong, it is a Toaster... :D:D:D:D

The basic design started out as a HPA by GMarsh and I just added a few extra features to it. Eventually I added more and more stuff until I run out of room.
Such as IR, servo volume control, a lot more inputs, LCD, VU Meter, QTouch ect.

Cheers

I want one :)

The basic design started out as a HPA by GMarsh and I just added a few extra features to it. Eventually I added more and more stuff until I run out of room. Features such as IR, servo volume control, a lot more inputs, LCD, VU Meter, QTouch ect.

Cheers

Nice looking volume control unit (2nd picture). I have seen for first time. Looking at the foot-print on the PCB (1st picture) it seems to be a motorized volume pot. Its brand? Thanks for any information.

Last edited:
Nice looking volume control unit (2nd picture). I have seen for first time. Looking at the foot-print on the PCB (1st picture) it seems to be a motorized volume pot. Its brand? Thanks for any information.

Thanks fotios, yes, it is motorized. The quadrature encoder is made by Bourns and the Aluminum (7075 alloy) is made by ALCOA and machined to my spec. ;)
Of course it would have been much easier to skip the servo thing and just do the remote volume control by software however I wanted moving parts in there
because I like clockwork :D:D:D:D

Cheers

Attachments

• Job1010-op20.JPG
    Job1010-op20.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,154
  • _DSC02909.JPG
    _DSC02909.JPG
    641.2 KB · Views: 1,110
Thanks fotios, yes, it is motorized. The quadrature encoder is made by Bourns and the Aluminum (7075 alloy) is made by ALCOA and machined to my spec. ;)
Of course it would have been much easier to skip the servo thing and just do the remote volume control by software however I wanted moving parts in there
because I like clockwork :D:D:D:D

Cheers

Hmmm... So, is a custom made motorized encoder machined in a CNC milling machine. However, is a masterpiece of mechanical process. I like it very much, especially the ball bearing base ;).
I had in my mind a different approach (based on my preference of the absolute isolation of the analog and digital part) which i will realize when i will have money left over :(. My idea is the use of a stepper motor to drive a "Gold Point" (or something like this) rotary attenuator. I don't have problem with ALPS motorized pots, except that i prefer 1 - 2 KOhm track resistance which is not offered on the market.
BTW, the frame of my MTB (a 12 years old "GT Pantera") is made from 6061 aluminum tubes, is this alloy good? :D
Happy Easter to all

@ kct
And here is mine volume control and the mcu unit.
Instead of an encoder, i use a traditional ALPS Blue Velvet motorized pot which of the shaft is joined with the shaft of a second 1KΩ mono linear pot thru a "couplier". The two pots are rotated simultaneously from the motor of ALPS. The wiper of the mono pot, is connected at the RA0 analog input of the (really excellent) PIC16F887 and its voltage level (proportional to the rotation angle of ALPS) is translated thru the program code in percentage which in sequence is displayed on the LCD screen.

Attachments

• PRE VOL CONTROL1.jpg
    PRE VOL CONTROL1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 588
  • PRE CONTROL 1 DAYLIGHT14m.jpg
    PRE CONTROL 1 DAYLIGHT14m.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 417
  • PRE CONTROL 1 DAYLIGHT7m.jpg
    PRE CONTROL 1 DAYLIGHT7m.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 350