Post your Solid State pics here

Krell KSA 50 Clone

Hello, I thought I would post some images of my latest project, a Krell KSA 50 clone. Each channel is completely seperate, with each using a 625VA toroidal transformer and 1.2 farads of capcitors. Each amplifier uses a heatsink block with a cooling fan in the centre. The circit boards are mounted upside-down underneath the heatsink block. The front of the amplifier, underneath the fans, is made from granite.

My speakers are a pair of B&W DM6's. The pre-amp is a Meridian 101B. The tuntable is a JBE Slatebed with an audiotechica AT32E moving coil cartridge.

Neil.

Veiw images - http://img203.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bild0303l.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Germanium headphone amp

Just completed one channel of my new headphone amp and the second channel only needs to be tested and fine tuned, and then i am ready to build it into its housing.

This amp is based on the BC179B AC122 and AC187 transistors.

This project came to mind when i found these gold pin AC187 transistors for
80 Euro cents, and i had some matched gold pin BC179B transistors.
Then i mached the whole batch of 30 AC187 transistors for the highest Hfe and matched them according application in the circuit.

greets

Attachments

• DSCF3001.JPG
    DSCF3001.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 673
  • DSCF3003.JPG
    DSCF3003.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 635
  • DSCF3004.JPG
    DSCF3004.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 491
  • DSCF3006.JPG
    DSCF3006.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 455
  • DSCF3007.JPG
    DSCF3007.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 537
  • DSCF3008.JPG
    DSCF3008.JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 485
After several months of consideration, I "slapped together" this sub woofer amp. DIY TAP plastic case (power line filter keeps most of the noise out).

Aussieamplifiers.com 150 watt module and older PS-3 filter board driving Pyle Driver 15" speaker in 30 year old Cerwin Vega woof woof box. (buried in room corner).

Attachments

• 100_0814.jpg
    100_0814.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 2,166
  • 100_0815.jpg
    100_0815.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 1,999
  • 100_0818.jpg
    100_0818.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 1,756
Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Borbely's Millenium75

Hi, showing off some pictures of the Borbely's Millenium75.

Class A all Fets, 75 Watt monoblock design. The heatsink is 25cm tall. Bias current is at 2.2A so it runs hot! During hot season like this, I need to to turn on the aircon to keep the room temp at 25C so the heatsink won't exceed 55C.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,684
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 1,106
Last edited:
Hi, showing off some pictures of the Borbely's Millenium75.

Class A all Fets, 75 Watt monoblock design. The heatsink is 25cm tall. Bias current is at 2.2A so it runs hot! During hot season like this, I need to to turn on the aircon to keep the room temp at 25C so the heatsink won't exceed 55C.

Nice choice for heatsinks & Rca connectors :) i love those neutrix connectors.

This is the way I want to set up my current "DIY - AMP" project:

Mounting the 2 boards of Carlos Mergulhao's BlameES on a wooden MDF-plate (on the bottom, in the center: a small Soft-Power-On board
with 2 transformers generating the voltages needed for my PreAMP (above), on the left and right side on the bottom: space for 2 torroid -
transformers, still some space for a DAC) and nailing the MDF-plate to the wall above my desk.

But I need a "console" to house the terminals for the speakers, inch inputs, LCD-display of pre-amp, push-buttons, ...

How shall this console look like? Any idea?

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. This is a man's AMP.

Last edited:
This is the way I want to set up my current "DIY - AMP" project:

Mounting the 2 boards of Carlos Mergulhao's BlameES on a wooden MDF-plate (on the bottom, in the center: a small Soft-Power-On board
with 2 transformers generating the voltages needed for my PreAMP (above), on the left and right side on the bottom: space for 2 torroid -
transformers, still some space for a DAC) and nailing the MDF-plate to the wall above my desk.

But I need a "console" to house the terminals for the speakers, inch inputs, LCD-display of pre-amp, push-buttons, ...

How shall this console look like? Any idea?

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. This is a man's AMP.

oh common!!!! don't tell me you are going to "cover" those beautiful boards with a chassis!. Very nice work.;)

active ground channel source follower headphone amp

This is a three channel active ground source follower headphone amp. The heat sink and volume knob are also DIY, in fact, if you include the medical expenses incurred as a result of making the volume knob many would consider the volume knob alone to be audiophile quality. Most of this amp came from my parts box. I scavenged a vandal resistant stop cover for a Sloan flush valve at work and turned a core from some scrap Delrin I had on my lathe to build the volume knob and I machined the heat sink using a chop saw and drill press. The front panel is just a scrap of bronze Acrylic I had laying around and the base is a scrap of Maple from my wood bin. She sounds wonderful and is a great conversation piece to boot.

Attachments

• 3 channel headphone amp.jpg
    3 channel headphone amp.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 811