Post your Solid State pics here

HQQF-55-506b.JPG

when make some PCB and case for it, it can worse its sound....
open and airy sound is just related to open and airy construction.

by the way, would you show here schematic (or post it to me as a private msg) of the unit?
..to I could better understand to your enthustiastic comments, many thanks

It is already on a pcb, airy sound is not dependend of open construction but vey good pcb design and NO cathodefollowers, no followers also not in fet amps except the end stage, and also here a compound is better, with current feedback, not voltage, with this amp you can switch off but then it ampifies maybe to much.

I have made this amp because of someone say don,t use cathode follower, a plate follower sounds far more dynamic, and he has right until now it sounds fine and a friend says it sounds like my jukebox who has a 6j6 tube amp in it, he did like the sound without feedback most (more tubelike)

schematic is with penthode now, it sounds more dynamic then the 6H8C srpp.

and now ontopic again, search my other posts, I do to much entiousiastic things.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 07 16.38.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 07 16.38.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 02012008041.jpg
    02012008041.jpg
    887.3 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
Any followers, Kees ? But one I see there, Q1 in anode circuit of U3, which is so called dynamic load, here made by SOURCE FOLLOWER...

I do mean only the tubes, mosfet output is also follower, but with mosfets it has no much sonic effect, that I have already tryed, mosfets have high transconductance, far more the tubes and so I keep tubes as amplifiers not followers.

But you are right it seen that way.

Last edited:
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
BK mosfet amp build

Hi

Please find my recent build, its a rehoused BK mosfet module with a few tweeks, sounds good to me, I have just completed 2 of these and plan to make a total of 5 for a surround sound set up

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The case is from hifi 2000 with a suspended chassis that I had made, so all the power cables etc run underneath the aluminium plate. The Velleman protection module has been modded so both relays work for one channel, and the relay is for the on/off latching push button for power etc.

regards

Nick