Post your Solid State pics here

Sealand style

You could name it "Groundland"!

Attachments

• Sealand.jpg
    Sealand.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,378
Much more ugly are through holes without rubber rings, Nick...it is not professional...

The holes don't need rubber rings if they're properly flared (rounded edges) on both sides. It is purely cosmetics, unless not flared of course, don't you agree?........

.............Thank you and well spotted, the holes are flared on both sides that's why I did not put in rubber grommets etc..........

OK, thank you guys..I am only 62 years old and I do electronic only forty years...I must learn much more...

Are we talking about grommets/edge protectors around the metal holes?

Then Upupa is correct. The rest of you are wrong to try and defend the indefensible.
40 years experience talks sense.
Anyone with a few years experience and a modicum of thinking can see it is indefensible.

Watch your wording Andrew... You're basically saying that anyone not putting rubber grommet is a "dumb ***" in your own little words here... Unless I totally misinterpreted you or you were just joking around, then discard my message.

People are posting their DIY projects here and of course many of them are not professional looking and that is alright since it is DIY. This is why this site exists in the first place. To be able to share your audio passion/hobby with others and help out.

If anyone has un-respectful comments to make about a build (not talking about you AndrewT) or something really negative, I suggest they do it through a PM instead of bringing that person down.

Rubber grommet are
1- protect the wire
2- stop dust (if they have rubber filler in center)
3- some aesthetics

And yes, you're correct, they should be used all the time for that sort of work but like I have said if the hole is flared appropriately it will not wear out the cable and will be safe.

100 years of experience does not necessarily make it right... It could also be 100 years of doing it wrong. In this case, he's right for sure and I highly respect is talent and knowledge.

I just had to precise things.

So let's get back on topic ;)

Do

One must however be very careful with flared holes. The amount of "imperfections" necessary to damage a wire need not be apparent. Depending on the material it can only take a small imperfection to pentrate the isolation and thus resulting in damage or hot chassis. After flaring with a drill bit one should use sandpaper and really work the flared hole. Just my 2cents. :)

Inviato dal mio GT-I5800 usando Tapatalk