Found this -well prepared- TDA1562Q 70watt amp. schematic.. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2002, 07:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to deepanger
Default Found this -well prepared- TDA1562Q 70watt amp. schematic..

so what do u think..
am thinking of making a 2channel ver. but dont know how?!
any ideas??

http://www.iberfutura.es/PDF/GbPDF/ft326gb.pdf
Old 23rd November 2002, 06:03 AM   #2
CryingDragon

I would make a 2 channel by taking the layout, doubling it and putting it on a single PCB, connect the VCC and the VEE (or + and - power inputs) to run it off a single rail, and connect the input and speaker grounds together (not all 4! just the 2 speaker grounds and then the 2 input grounds.) so you would have one + one - for power one - speaker output and 2 + (one for each channel) and 2 input + with one -, It should work like that.
Old 23rd November 2002, 12:43 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

mmm...if u take alook at the diagram u could find many other
components like those transistors and others, so is there a big
diff. between this circuit and the simple one in the datasheet??
its similar to this:
Attached Images
File Type: gif amp20w.gif (4.3 KB, 1433 views)
Old 23rd November 2002, 12:57 PM   #4
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

TDA 1562 is a discontinued IC. Hence be careful before using it. My friend tried the circuit u have mentioned but failed. He got one PCB working but not above 20W. But when trying to lacate fault the IC failed. This is for ur information only.
Old 23rd November 2002, 01:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by palesha
TDA 1562 is a discontinued IC. Hence be careful before using it. My friend tried the circuit u have mentioned but failed. He got one PCB working but not above 20W. But when trying to lacate fault the IC failed. This is for ur information only.

ive assembled the above diagram using the TDA 1554 and it worked fine with a (12V 3A only DIY PS) its driving my 2 40watt
RMS pioneer speakers, for sure it started clipping soon but dont
forget that am using just 3A PS and that its a One IC 20w only!
Old 23rd November 2002, 11:40 PM   #6
CryingDragon

most of the time the schematics in datasheets are "test applications" for what i don't know but they are not the full schematics and from the looks of that link it looks like it's got something else besides just that IC in it.

EDIT: Now that i look at it agian those transistors you mentioned are for the distortion LED,muting and power on switches.
Old 24th November 2002, 12:50 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

someday i hope ican design those powerful amps. we see..
so what about u (CryingDragon) , any projects at the maintime?
Old 24th November 2002, 03:41 AM   #8
CryingDragon

Right now i'm working on a 70W By 2 amplifier for my fiance`. It consists of 2 STK086G hybrid chips with a LM1036 volume/balence/treble/bass control IC working the input. i'm hoping to put it into an old car amp case i have because the entire case is aluminum heatsink. the layout is pretty complex but hey the more work you have to do the more sound you get...i think that makes sence...

If you could get the 2 chips from the PDF you linked to (the 70 watt booster) i could combine the layout into one PCB for you if you like.....i think...as long as it dosen't go over 100 pins (i hate trial software)
Old 24th November 2002, 12:28 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CryingDragon
Right now i'm working on a 70W By 2 amplifier for my fiance`. It consists of 2 STK086G hybrid chips with a LM1036 volume/balence/treble/bass control IC working the input. i'm hoping to put it into an old car amp case i have because the entire case is aluminum heatsink. the layout is pretty complex but hey the more work you have to do the more sound you get...i think that makes sence...

If you could get the 2 chips from the PDF you linked to (the 70 watt booster) i could combine the layout into one PCB for you if you like.....i think...as long as it dosen't go over 100 pins (i hate trial software)
thanks alot man..
if u really wanna help ucan guide me on how to build a 2x(60-100)
rms amp. which needs no more than the car volts. (12-14V.)
caz i hate building those complicated PS. to power it, so ithink
ive no choice than the TDA1562 to work with, and i need a gain
control also but as u know this s a fixed gain IC!!
so am alittle confused on how to solve it

give me ur ideas if u wanna help..
thanks in advance.
Old 24th November 2002, 11:33 PM   #10
CryingDragon

Fixed gain yes but if you were going to use it as a bootser for line level in your car i think you could just put a 10K pot on the input positive and use that the same way you use the 'level' knob or screw in every car amp. See the problem with trying to get high wattage from a 12V supply is that it would require massive amounts of amps and most chips (NPN,PNP,integrated) cannot handle the load demands so they clip at low levels,the reason you have to raise the voltage is because if you have 45V supply and you want 300W it's easy cause you only need around 6.666 amps witch in most amps now on the market have at least 2 (if not 4 or 6) output pairs so 6.666 amps to that is nothing. I would say the best bet for a car amp without building a PowerSupply would be something from philips,i see on their site that that TDA1562Q/N2 is in full production. From the size of that little diagram i would say you could squeeze 4 of them into a small case to make a nice 4 channel amp for your 4 drivers in your rear and dashboard and then you could go for whatever kinda sub you want but a drawback from this is most (if it's 40W or moreX4) new car radios have more power than this chip,However it Could be used to drive more,Say you could install 6X9's in your door panels and use these to power them. or mabey some of those little tweeters that you can mount anywhere...these would be good for those too. let me surf around some more and see what i can find.

Hide this!Advertise here!