Found this -well prepared- TDA1562Q 70watt amp. schematic..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would make a 2 channel by taking the layout, doubling it and putting it on a single PCB, connect the VCC and the VEE (or + and - power inputs) to run it off a single rail, and connect the input and speaker grounds together (not all 4! just the 2 speaker grounds and then the 2 input grounds.) so you would have one + one - for power one - speaker output and 2 + (one for each channel) and 2 input + with one -, It should work like that.

mmm...if u take alook at the diagram u could find many other
components like those transistors and others, so is there a big
diff. between this circuit and the simple one in the datasheet??
its similar to this:

Attachments

• amp20w.gif
    amp20w.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,498
palesha said:
TDA 1562 is a discontinued IC. Hence be careful before using it. My friend tried the circuit u have mentioned but failed. He got one PCB working but not above 20W. But when trying to lacate fault the IC failed. This is for ur information only.

ive assembled the above diagram using the TDA 1554 and it worked fine with a (12V 3A only DIY PS) its driving my 2 40watt
RMS pioneer speakers, for sure it started clipping soon but dont
forget that am using just 3A PS and that its a One IC 20w only!

most of the time the schematics in datasheets are "test applications" for what i don't know but they are not the full schematics and from the looks of that link it looks like it's got something else besides just that IC in it.

EDIT: Now that i look at it agian those transistors you mentioned are for the distortion LED,muting and power on switches.

Right now i'm working on a 70W By 2 amplifier for my fiance`. It consists of 2 STK086G hybrid chips with a LM1036 volume/balence/treble/bass control IC working the input. i'm hoping to put it into an old car amp case i have because the entire case is aluminum heatsink. the layout is pretty complex but hey the more work you have to do the more sound you get...i think that makes sence... :xeye:

If you could get the 2 chips from the PDF you linked to (the 70 watt booster) i could combine the layout into one PCB for you if you like.....i think...as long as it dosen't go over 100 pins :rolleyes: (i hate trial software)

CryingDragon said:
Right now i'm working on a 70W By 2 amplifier for my fiance`. It consists of 2 STK086G hybrid chips with a LM1036 volume/balence/treble/bass control IC working the input. i'm hoping to put it into an old car amp case i have because the entire case is aluminum heatsink. the layout is pretty complex but hey the more work you have to do the more sound you get...i think that makes sence... :xeye:

If you could get the 2 chips from the PDF you linked to (the 70 watt booster) i could combine the layout into one PCB for you if you like.....i think...as long as it dosen't go over 100 pins :rolleyes: (i hate trial software)

thanks alot man..
if u really wanna help ucan guide me on how to build a 2x(60-100)
rms amp. which needs no more than the car volts. (12-14V.)
caz i hate building those complicated PS. to power it, so ithink
ive no choice than the TDA1562 to work with, and i need a gain
control also but as u know this s a fixed gain IC!!
so am alittle confused on how to solve it :confused:

give me ur ideas if u wanna help..
thanks in advance.

Fixed gain yes but if you were going to use it as a bootser for line level in your car i think you could just put a 10K pot on the input positive and use that the same way you use the 'level' knob or screw in every car amp. See the problem with trying to get high wattage from a 12V supply is that it would require massive amounts of amps and most chips (NPN,PNP,integrated) cannot handle the load demands so they clip at low levels,the reason you have to raise the voltage is because if you have 45V supply and you want 300W it's easy cause you only need around 6.666 amps witch in most amps now on the market have at least 2 (if not 4 or 6) output pairs so 6.666 amps to that is nothing. I would say the best bet for a car amp without building a PowerSupply would be something from philips,i see on their site that that TDA1562Q/N2 is in full production. From the size of that little diagram i would say you could squeeze 4 of them into a small case to make a nice 4 channel amp for your 4 drivers in your rear and dashboard and then you could go for whatever kinda sub you want but a drawback from this is most (if it's 40W or moreX4) new car radios have more power than this chip,However it Could be used to drive more,Say you could install 6X9's in your door panels and use these to power them. or mabey some of those little tweeters that you can mount anywhere...these would be good for those too. let me surf around some more and see what i can find.

now i realized why building those volt stepup PS.!!
at the maintime i dont wanna play with those kind of ps. for my
car although ive agood experiece with the LM volt regulators
(one of ma faculty projects was to build a +5, -5, +12, -12v 3A
PS and idid it good enough i think) , so am interested now with
playing with those (amp. ICs.) which operates in low volts as the
TDA family from phillips..
and about the TDA1562 can it be bridged so ican have double the
powe per channel?! or it gonna b a mess? , i searched alot about
it but found nothing.. thanks alot for ur help
and keep the disc. up!

No it can't be connected in a BTL configuration because it already is,the IC in itself is 2 amplifiers that form a BTL within the package. I know that 70 watts does not seems like alot on paper but i think if you built 2 of these and placed them on 2 6x9's along with your current 4 speaker's of the head unit you would be suprized at how much it puts out,May i ask what kind of stereo system you have in your car now?

sure,
for now ive a small cassette receiver its clarion ARB0350 (its one
of the oldest :)) with 30watt(peak i think)x 4 , 2 pioneer 40watt rms 6x9 speakers mounted on the hatch board (ive a
golf MK2) and 2 tweeters mounted on the dashboard...

my plane is to have a good cassette receiver (ithink of the pioneer
keh-p6010), & can play cds through my casio diskman, and getting
a small sub. (about 50-150rms) and have the ability to amplify it
with either a diy or an aftermarket one.. thats all!!

but anyway iwanna to build this TDA1562 2 channel amplifier
for now to amplify those 6x9s and ithink ill get a good result out
of this diy amp. since the current power out of my HU is about
12w rms max./channel or something , and after when i get the sub. ill build something more powerful...

so what about u, did something to ur car?
let me know..

Yeah,i have a KOSS...umm...<insert model number here> 55WX4 cd player and a 6" bandpass sub on a 200W jensen amp right under my seat (it's made my rearveiw mirror fall off twice) (i have a 1992 plymouth voyager 3.3L) it's pretty neat....you really should invest in a pair of regular speakers for the dashboard.

i have an idea similar to yours:

you build these TDA amps to run the regular speakers and then use a bass amp for your little sub,i think that would sound nice.
you can use a line to level signal converter to take the 4 outputs of your head unit and turn them into low level inputs for the TDA's.

CryingDragon said:
I would make a 2 channel by taking the layout, doubling it and putting it on a single PCB, connect the VCC and the VEE (or + and - power inputs) to run it off a single rail, and connect the input and speaker grounds together (not all 4! just the 2 speaker grounds and then the 2 input grounds.) so you would have one + one - for power one - speaker output and 2 + (one for each channel) and 2 input + with one -, It should work like that.

http://www.freeweb.hu/majki/elektro/kapcs/philips_2x55w/philips_2x55w.htm

well well, heres another simpler (not much) diagram,, and ready
with the pcb layout too!!
if we compare between the 2 ,, ican c that we loose 3 transistors
and thats gr8 caz theres no need for those mute, ..etc switches
thanks alot damba..

so what do u think CryingDragon?!

I can't see the PDF of the PCB because it's damaged but the schematic he provides for it seems sound, personnaly,I would build one one (2 amp/2 chips) and use it to power the rear speakers,Do you have any regular speakers in the dash??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.