Explendid amplifier designed by Michael Bittner, our MikeB - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th July 2005, 10:46 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default Another image, as i am talking too much.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif xd.gif (32.8 KB, 12430 views)
Old 17th July 2005, 10:48 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default If i try to find some defect in our "almost perfect" forum, i will say that..

Wait 60 seconds to publish another image, or even small text, is a kick between the bulls.

Well, nothing and nobody's perfect...so...they need time to read hundreds of mails at same time...hummm...magic.... 60 seconds will not result too.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif xf.gif (36.1 KB, 12907 views)
Old 17th July 2005, 10:51 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Audiofreak and all moderator have to read all those things we use to write.

Poor guys.... my English is awfull...poor guys.

They have to do, because we can make foolishes.

Half year ago, not wanting to say names...i explain something related to a Swedish friend...explaining he was out of his mind, because his practices had not sense.

But when i supressed the guy's name.... things were to all swedish guys...everyone could feel that the message was sent for them..... they fast supress the mail.... or send that mail to other place.... yes, they have to control, as we fail.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif xh.gif (27.5 KB, 11731 views)
Old 17th July 2005, 10:54 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default One more image, they are finishing.

Too keep thread alive for more time, giving time to Michael visit us...working alike an animal...now may be sleeping near the computer.... needing to shave, alone in the office, with a wet towel around his neck..to have a shower when have time.... never have time...never have a shower.

Poor Mike...the guys loves to have showers, as he told me once.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif xi.gif (30.1 KB, 11443 views)
Old 17th July 2005, 10:58 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default Here is the designer, preparing images to his Racing 2

Wonderfull racing gamel, better than NFS...for the ones know those things.

Came on guys, you must confess that you play with virtual cars too!

You can see Mike stand up preparing images with the photographer, to be digitalized latter.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stand mikeb.jpg (95.7 KB, 8401 views)
Old 17th July 2005, 01:37 PM   #26
GEirin is offline GEirin  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Hello

Destroyer X

Why " symassyn circuit is very modern and strange....?

Guillermo
Old 17th July 2005, 01:58 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default Made now a days and different in design

Not very standard for my eyes, a little bit crowdy, as AKSA produce quality using 7 transistors only, bootstraped, old and not strange it is.

Saludos hermano

Carlos
Old 17th July 2005, 01:59 PM   #28
edl is offline edl  Hungary
diyAudio Member

the Dynaco 400:
http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynac...400/index.html
Old 17th July 2005, 02:07 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default This one is strange too, sometimes the way people make the schematic

Some non standard way to draw differential and others usual circuits, produces the appearance that is a different amplifier, when studied with more attention, we can see the same traditional couplings, designed in other spatial position.

Thank you, this Dynaco is very interesting.

I will print it all, to have fun trying to understand it.

Thank you EVL or EDL, the guys from Paty, that made the kindness to post the link.

Will print now...thank you.

regards,

Carlos
Old 17th July 2005, 02:26 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default Oh! Epupa, i forgot to comment your information, that the design was founded in the..

Design of the seventies.

This produces to me, the confirmation of some suspections i already had.

That no one can produce something really new, because we are very poluted by the diagrams we use to see, and ideas we use to read and listen.... so, alike some noise in comunication, the noise in amplifier design may be this one... the memory of others for instance.

Or that everything you can imagine, someone probably, had the same idea, before you, or at the same time...we are no more isolated one each other....communications make things obbey some universal rules; connected to majority, price, reliability and quality.

Why i confirm to myself, my old suspections:

- I was with Michael, discussing by mail, daily and many times a day, related the best thopologie, my suggestion is that he could start from a Bootstrapped, and them simulate, construct and go researching to make it better than everyone.

- He decided to make his own design, starting from zero, by himself, since the first resistor, and to simulate each stage, watching distortions and wave forms in the Scope.

- Circuits gonne changing and changing, i have more than 15 circuits tested here, produced by him, they were constructed, simulated and compared...one, the evolution of the latter one, till he stopped satisfied with this, as he told me, could beat JLH, the Yamaha he has, a very expensive unit, and one Harman Kardon...he was satisfied, as the bass turns better than the Yamaha, voice and trebles was better than the 2 other ones.

And i could listen, and some friends also...the comparison was recorded... same speaker, same music, same level, 2 amplifiers beeing switched A to B, and recording going on.

This is some evidence that someone can start from nothing (only basic informs and design know how) and design something already done.

This is a little bit obvious, because if you use 35 volts, and decide by a 2 miliamps in the differential stage, you will have same resistor as hundreds of amplifiers, and almost all them use differential amplifiers....so, cannot scape too much of the "samething"

I ensure you all, the guy did not copy (with the purpose) nothing!...maybe, the good polution (old experiences, old memories, circuits he could see after, design books) he received year by year, could result in something already known.

This thopologie, the way was designed (sorry my ignorance) is the first one i could see.

Well, all life seaching amplifiers constructing, 46 years completed assembling amplifiers, more than 3.7K units constructed.... even beeing idiot, i have some experience about the subject, at least i watched many schematics.

In my computer, for instance, 3612 schematics are saved... and they are in 47 groups of different designs, different thopologies... but i have not all world schematics...this Dynaco i had not, for example.

And i was asking him (Michael) to copy, to start from something already considered good, not to loose time climbing stairs already climbed, not to re-discover the powder without smoke...but he finally insist to do everything by himself...since the first step.

But you have the rigth to observe similarities, also Hugh Dean, from Aksa, told us that he could see someone alike, made by Sanyo in the seventies, so...you may be rigth to observe that and to find some schematics that look alike.

I ensure you, this schematic, published, was designed by Michael

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!