GainWire-CLASS-A-poweramp NGFB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
The output mosfet are biased with very low quiescent current, without feedback the amplifier will produce a lot of high harmonics. adding low value emitter resistors in the input transistors will increase the quiescent current.

Yes I know that, here is the OPS and ClassA power amp with the same OPS.

Attachments

• pandamiecki-diamond-cfp-ok-sch.jpg
    pandamiecki-diamond-cfp-ok-sch.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 399
  • GainWire-ClassA-POWERamp-pandamieckiOPS.jpg
    GainWire-ClassA-POWERamp-pandamieckiOPS.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 407
Damir, the Dr. Malcolm Hawksford error correction can also be a good solution for the output stage. One nice example is the output stage of the Jan Didden PAX amplifier.

paX: an error-correction power amp

Main problem is to find one OPS with friendly input impedance, as IPS(current conveyor) is quite sensitive to it.
The ops in isolation has THD20k of 0.007413% and whole power amp at the same level increase THD to 0.020025%.

The output mosfet are biased with very low quiescent current, without feedback the amplifier will produce a lot of high harmonics. adding low value emitter resistors in the input transistors will increase the quiescent current.

HI

https://sites.google.com/site/opampbasedamp/BUFFER.png

0.016617% 20K 100W 4ohm
0.003030% 1K 100W 4ohm
0.037185% 20K 1W 8ohm
0.035481% 1K 1W 8ohm

it is not too bad

Last edited:
This one could be quite close for practical build.
THD20k at 33W/8ohm is 0.007220% and at 1W/8ohm is 0.000793%.
In my opinion it's better to use power BJT instead MOSFET at the output.
Damir

Attachments

• GainWire-ClassA-POWERamp-CFP-OPS-FFT.jpg
    GainWire-ClassA-POWERamp-CFP-OPS-FFT.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 389
The Sziklai pair at the output is less stable than the darlington and it can easily oscillate, adding a baxandall pair to the mix is asking for troubles :).
If you test your amplifier with a square wave, you will see that it will oscillate, then try my recommendation.

You were right. :D Without input filter it oscillate, learning all the time something more, I don't have practical experience with Sziklai.
Here is updated schematic with diamond and bootstrap. I think this is schematic worth to be build. Maybe someone will be curious enough to build it?
Looking at distortion figures and slew rate it should be very good amp and then with No Global Feedback.
Damir

Attachments

• GainWire-ClassA-POWERamp-CFP-OPS-sch.jpg
    GainWire-ClassA-POWERamp-CFP-OPS-sch.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 342
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.