Current Dumping Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PCB with PSU and Protect...

Attachments

• P1010254.JPG
    P1010254.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 1,058
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There seem to be some confusion over the term Current dumping. The amplifier described in post 1 is a Quad type error feedforward amplifier described by Quad as a Current dumping amplifier with the unbiased output stage and the output bridge circuit, the amplifier in post 25 and its derivatives are not

Stuart

I agree. The original current dumping concept from QUAD includes a very smart feedback network that changes it's feedback factor depending on whether the dumpers are on or not. It's a bridge type circuit with two arms formed by an inductor and a cap that have precise values.

There are many amps that have an unbiased output stage and a fast class A driver that that are also called current dumping amps. While as far as the English language is concerned they may be regarded as 'dumping current' they are NOT the same as the QUAD cd amplifiers.

Whether that is important to you is your call, of course.

Jan

shalum spookydd good day to you nice design, just ask to you what software you use to design your pcb?

Sorry for the late response, but I've been out of the hobby for some time and am unable to spend any time on it for now. I just saw the posting now, just stopping by.
I am using Eagle for pcb design, along with sketchup for 3D visuals and eventually move this into solidworks for full mechanical design integration.
Also using LTSpice along the way.

PCB BX100

Hello DIYers

I am a just beginner in layout drawing, I try to draw the layout of Apex BX100 attach below, but can't avoid some jumpers, How to drew layout with a minimum jumper in single layer PCB.And can anybody give me some advice in PCB design with good component placement.All suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• BX100.JPG
    BX100.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 254
My first advice is that the power supply three wire connection should arrive at the amp PCB as a closely spaced three terminal connection that are VERY close together.
The three traces carrying power currents to the output transistors should be kept close together to minimise the interference they will emit.

If you try to implement that you will find your PCB looks completely different from your first proposal.
You will find that 90% of the PCBs on this Forum do not meet that requirement.

You have a choice, do as nearly every other Member does and accept the emi created, or try to do it right.

Now choose.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.