Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Yeah!....gonna do a lot of thinks with these beauties

I was thinking about digital in comparison with analogue..and an image arrived at my mind.

Watch it.... see the number one...digit one!

Ahahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Ahahahah!.jpg
    Ahahahah!.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 463
Hello Carlos!

Today i am more happy than usual.... when arriving home from my job, the janitor told me something arrived from USA.

Gift from Evette (Joseph Siejack) from Canadá and Dudainc.

Dudainc have bougth a lot of capacitors..then Evette ordered some and Duda shipped them to me.

Was a surprise... delayed 29 days and i was not waiting for this package anymore...i though the airplane crashed into the Pacific

Thank you very much folks...i am needing them now!

regards,

Carlos

A little trick to connect your capacitors.
+ to the red wire, the - on the black wire.

otherwise:

322005d1357507839t-dx-blame-st-together-dx-super-really...oh-no.jpg

:p :p :p

All the best 73's

Finger points number one...but see the one said that

is the father of 741, the first and great operational amplifier...all others came after this guy had the idea.... very important man for our civilization.

That finger is a very important message....you have to sit, and being relaxed, think about...ahahahahah!... that guy could show us that digital sistem can be understood as the digit one.:eek:

He is right... see the waveshape result when you connect 192 Khz sample dots into an audio waveform...connect these dots and watch....imagine you gonna have some rounding edges connecting a capacitor to smooth the decay and wave shape rise....imagine again if that thing has some relation with the original..no way!:)

Project

I found that if we inver an electrolit capacitor, we call electrolit condenser in Brazil, even if this invertion feeds a small voltage present at the multimeter probe tips...then something happens with the dieletric...maybe a hole or a short...small atomic connection i think....then, after that... you put the
unit with the correct voltage and polarity and as a result it starts to show leakage, some resistance appear... less than infinite... some current starts to flow..the unit start to become warm and then hot, to acumulate pressure of gazes ....and at the end may explode ... this is progressive and takes time...i found that if you invert for a couple of miliseconds, the unit is dead and should go to the trash box otherwise will create to you problems in the future.

Message means...if you invert them...even if the invertion time is short..the unit will not work well anymore..you may junk the part.

I was starting to read something about..but i was interrupted by a phone call and them i forgot to continue to read.... if i can remember the voltage needed to harm the electrolitic capacitor is less than a volt..... well...i have to check..not sure.... was online, a paper about electrolitic fluids and capacitors.

Carlos

Last edited:
Some Brazilians do not like to buy from the internet

They prefere the direct contact with the salesman at the shop counter...they love to put their hands into the component and to observe the weigth and the shape ... they love to measure the DC gain despite this does not helps very much..well.... this is the way they love.... majority of us loves the human contact the shop at the neighborhoods..... Mr. Zé (Joe) shop.

Because of that they want to know if they can use the most available transistor we have down here.... what they have to do to use MJ15025 for instance...or to use TIP36, or 2N3055, TIP3055, MJE3055, 2SC3281A, 2SC5200, MJL4281A, FLJ4215, MJL23194 and so on.

I am making some studies, at least with the units i have tested, to know what is the maximum voltage they can operate in the safe area..also the impedance.

The idea is to say:

If you want to use TIP36 and complementary, then adjust your supply voltage to 36 volts and it is better to use 8 ohms loads.... 4 ohms may be dangerous if you distort to 10 percent and 2 ohms is forbidden.

Hard work to me..but they gonna feel better having options.... they also will have the kit of parts to populate the audio amplifier pcboard and the Dx Supply parts too....maybe not all them..but the small ones, resistors and capacitors may be included.... we are not sure if we will put power transistors (their choice) and capacitors (also their choice to buy chinese units or not to buy Chinese capacitors, called here "ching ling"

I will make a video about that...maybe two..one in Portuguese and other in English studying, at least, 12 different transistors.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• TIP35C limit  snall.jpg
    TIP35C limit snall.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 430
  • Zimmer pcboard.jpg
    Zimmer pcboard.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 2SC2922.jpg
    2SC2922.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Please boys, post your questions in our forum, open it to everybody

instead to send me emails and forum private messages.

Why?

Open to everybody we will be helping others...not only you and me.

I understand that some guys are shy, other may be selfish, others may feel scared to ask too much simple questions... do not worry, everything is simple in audio electronics.... please post your questions.

I feel deeply bad when i answer things that may interest to hundreds and only one is having the advantage....i feel myself selfish, unfair and very unconfortable to be talking one by one... this is deeply inneficient and goes against my personnal need to help thousands at same time.

When uncle charlie was very young, used to build amplifiers (more than 5K built minimum) and 8 to 10 exploded in front of my face.... wrong circuits, wrong designs, wrong magazine revision, defective printing.... well.... human failures.... then i used to write letters (we had no internet....was telephone, telegraph and mainly letters the communication... sometimes Ham Radio but was exception) ..... writting letters to the designers and Engineers i was snobbed many, many times.... they said (not time to help you)...other said i could not understand because too much young (had not high school)..... this made me angry against designers and Engineers, at least in Brazil.... in foreign countries i had some answers from UK and USA... some help from them....i decide that "one day i would lean and became good" and gonna stop their dirty domination teaching everybody how to design... finishing with their arrogance....and i did it in Brasil..... now a days.... 180 million people, there's no more than 4 guys that know more than i know... and my people is not stupid anymore the way i was.

Carlos

Hello guys!

Here are the board samples pictures from dear Vivian's the PCB factories.

What color would you rather have into the Dx Super A boards red,white,blue, or

green? I know Carlos hate the green jejejejejejeje :D

One more thing, she actually does not know much English so is hard to explain her that I want the board with the same color on both sides and she keep saying the same thing over and over damn!, chingiling is in my way :D
I already check other factories but the only one that is cheap and work faster is this company, China PCB Manufacturer, Quick Turn PCB Prototyping, PCB Board Manufacturing, Prototype PCB Production China PCB,pcb maker,pcb prototyping,pcb protoypes,quick turn pcb,express pcb,pcb Manufacturer .

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Yes junior I'm thinking to get me another batch order, and I want to try other color option I'm thinking maybe red for now, as Carlos keep me update it with some minor changes, this order will have all the updates made already. So this
will be in the future, I will announce when I think I'm ready, this is more like "personal buy" but if some one is interested to get a pair please let me know.

When I say red maybe can or not be red because, Vivian can not understand much English I ask her a couple of time and she replay "yes,yes we can make it red both sides...", I say, "that is what you told me last time", :D jejejejeje but please do not alarm this order will be in the future do not panic is a not a "now" maybe in a few weeks.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A art work.jpg
    Dx Super A art work.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 211
I would be happy with white pcboards..because i already have

amplifiers from Dx line coloured red, green and blue....so...white is the one was missed...or maybe black with white silk screen..... the problem with black is that shows dirt because contrast.... dust usualy is lighter than black and by contrast we can see it clearly.

I am already happy because in Brazil i gonna have white pcboards...so...you can make your choice.

I would like Juan to produce Dx Supply pcboard too.

regards,

Carlos

Hello guys!

I was thinking today about the 150pF caps, I always buy "mica" caps and I want to know if that make a difference if instead of mica ceramic is used will that make any difference ? I'm just curious. :confused:

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• GoldenMax35-SERIES.jpg
    GoldenMax35-SERIES.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 399
  • CD 15 SERIES.jpg
    CD 15 SERIES.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 381
  • dfdf.jpg
    dfdf.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 373
People say that Silver Mica is more stable than ceramic

when facing signal that variates a lot in amplitude and frequency.... they say the capacitance stand still in the value even under extreme conditions of operation.

I am not sure....but just in case, in critical areas i do select Silver Mica.

There are extreme sittuations, for instance the output stage, power stage, Radio Frequency output stage of a Radio Frequency transmitter... a supressed carrier transceiver(SSB)..there, the signal goes from 0 to 70 volts in microseconds because of a carrier... there we have to use Silver Mica to tune the input and output circuit.

I have some suspections that may be an overkill.... excessive care...but, if cannot be bad... why not to use?

I do love ceramics dieletric...the most used....more traditional, proved along hundred years.... to my builders i say to use Silver Mica...to my own amplifier i use ceramics sometimes....depending if Silver Mica is available or not.... really, i cannot perceive any difference...maybe the scope can...but scope does not build my amplifiers..so, i do not care about what scope thinks about.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Please Juan, do me a favour

Copy and paste my text from here and post it in your own post:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...-self-wants-your-opinions-22.html#post3413063

It is a message to Doctor Self asking about the best amplifier schematic....he may ignore me and not read, he is now a days an old man and may not like me very much because i have almost copied his Blameless and i have made it even better because of tweaking...this way he may not appreciate uncle charlie very much, and this is human and natural, such kind of feelings are natural on us.

I am not sure...but as i believe he will not even read..then quote..this way he will read because of you...this is the way to overcome the ignore list....people quoting we have to read...or at least we have to remember the guy because of quoting.

I can understand this stuff, i would not love the guy that take mine amplifier, someone that tweaks and say that is even better than the Dx amplifier..... so.... i can understand without any difficulty, does not need to use more than 2 percent of my old brain.

Leonardo da Vinci would hate me if he discover i made a better Mona Lisa.:joker:

He is the only guy in this world i would obbey to make a different amplifier..no other one in this world can do that to me.... he is the only one i trust and respect.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Leonardo da trinta.jpg
    Leonardo da trinta.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
She is lovely.... we never know what she was thinking when smile

This is the most interesting thing.... Da Vinci captured the enigmatic smile.

If you watch carefully, Herr Gerhard, you can perceive different things..the smile is not clear, so, we project our feelings on her..what we feel...what we want her to be thinking...sometimes is condescending, sometime is ironic..this depends the mood of the one is watching.

I do watch this image for long minutes... i would like to know her better...so...she calls my curiosity..she moves me.

Genius... .Leonardo was gênius...in my point of view he was not from this planet.

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
You see me doing things....how i do this stuff?

I have made sketch.... Juan Vargas made the pcboard layout
I have made the circuit.... some friends tested together me
I have tested... some guys sent me capacitors.
I had troubles.... some guys sent me transistors.

This is the way i go doing.... 9 years doing... several folks helped me a lot sending me components..now a days they are:

Flávio Lira
Fábio Zimmer
Juan Vargas
Luis Eduardo Soares
Joseph Siejack

Renato Comerlatte

Many thanks to you folks...and to the others that made the same in previous years.

In the past i had parts from Hugh Dean, Rudi Rozek, Klaas Veenstra, Nordic, Bigun, Dudainc, Evette, Zimmer, Mitchel, Greg Erskine,Stee

I am sorry if i am unfair not mentioning you.... problems with old folk memory...there's another one Aussie that has expertise in speakers and capacitors too ( a very skilled man)... someone that had troubles in his neck.... i know may have some more guys missed in my memory..but for sure they are in my heart and their names will appear soon and they will have my prays and positive energies gonna be sent to all them.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSCI1958.jpg
    DSCI1958.jpg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCI1963.JPG
    DSCI1963.JPG
    839.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Dx Supply, old layout to build.JPG
    Dx Supply, old layout to build.JPG
    693.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
One more working fine..... not ready, i will replace heatsinks

by bigger ones.... photo shows the old supply assembled (some parts are below the pcboard)

This one is old model, we are making better one to face two channels operating full power at 2 ohms

Layout Picture shows new Dx Supply....made to go together the Dx Super A, reason why i use to comment here...but we have the Dx Supply thread too....here it is:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...utput-adjustable-stabilized-power-supply.html

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSCI1969.JPG
    DSCI1969.JPG
    726.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Zimmer pcboard.jpg
    Zimmer pcboard.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited: