Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Thank you all folks....nice to have your attention

Use Dx Supply....use electronic filter...any series pass regulator that can reduce ripple from the supply to keep your audio clean, or to reduce mains noise when you overdrive your amplifier.

Here you have a video showing the effect....camera compression of audio is not helping but for sure the noise without the electronic filter is much louder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86hRMcVbPo#t=285

regards,

Carlos

Hi sir here are the file but I have not test it yet I was working on it and I forgot a few components to place there so I just add them R47 10R and C43 68nF this time there are no jumpers on the layout if any error you notice or some one see something please let me know :eek:

so I can fix it, no matter how many times we think "that is good to go" there is always something and it happens many times to me :D

on the layout C30,C4,C5,C34 are not present that is my mistake, I use the simulation and no changes with them or with out them so for now the layout is only "prototype" not final :) for fun please no for been so serious :p

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A components layout.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Dx Super A Invincible, 20V-2 up.pdf
    102.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Dx Super AI top grey.jpg
    Dx Super AI top grey.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 544
  • Dx Super AI top no x-view.jpg
    Dx Super AI top no x-view.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 508
  • Dx Super AI etching.pdf
    38.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Yes C31 is missing I can fix that :) I'm also working with a new toy this speaker protection circuit I have been checking it for 2 days now :p

Regards

Juan

Attachments

• C31 on 1N4007.PNG
    C31 on 1N4007.PNG
    63.8 KB · Views: 480
  • C31 is missing.PNG
    C31 is missing.PNG
    249.2 KB · Views: 529
  • Dx Super AI etching.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Dx Super A components layout.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 308
  • SPEAKER PRO 2.jpg
    SPEAKER PRO 2.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 519
  • protection_2.gif
    protection_2.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 312
  • part list.PNG
    part list.PNG
    50.3 KB · Views: 233
ahaaaa don't worried man English is my second language too is all cool, as longer we type here in English all the time we should be alright :D

about tone control, well let say this, if you like Chevrolet is good with me, but if you don't like Chevrolet is good with me too you see ? be happy with what you like :D

about the layout schematic Dx Super AI I did simulate with out those C's and it respond the same way no problem, I guess is how well the layout is place and how well the power supply is filtered, I spend some time reading about magnetism and placement of parts traces length copper thickness here and there and is a lot of information to gather and learn.

Regards
Juan

Modification from Blame ST to Super A

The following is Carlos' reply my PM when I asked about the modification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajame
Hi Carlos

I am gonna mod my recent Blame ST into Super A and I have a few questions:

1. C14, C16 are originally 470uF. Is it necessary to follow the new value 220uF? I guess this value will affect the transient speed.

2. For the power supply, I am using simple C filter of 10000uF per rail. Is it necessary to build the capacitance multiplier supply? I know that simple C filter ripples can degrade the sound for class A.

3. Can I use non-polar 220uF electrolytic cap to replace the original C7 feedback cap?

4. Where is the recent thread for DX super A builders? I had better post the questions in the forum for others' reference.

Thanks!
.................................................. .........................

Thread is this one:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid...ther-dx-super-
164.html

You can use 220uf if you want

Also you can use non polarized 220uf

With only 10000uf per rail it is better not to use Super A feature and reduce bias to 70mA to 90mA to each rail... Super A feature is effective only with a regulated power supply...or a capacitance multiplier supply...without it may be better to keep your Blame ST.

The pcboard that resulted better was the Brazilian white pcboards made by Zimmer.... he may have few samples last... imap.eletro@gmail.com .... yes.... i have found differences in sonics..better to these pcboards.... also i have found that using 25 volts supplies the results where even better and i do think there's a thread about it....use the search button of our forum....i cannot remember the thread's name.

Yes....too much long story to tell you using text.... pcboards makes difference yes...sounds crazy..but it is not crazy...it is sonic results...i would like to know hows and whyes..but i cannot say...but i can listen the effect of one pcboard and other pcboard.

Carlos