637 Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, which ferrite beads do you use for your FETs? Are they on both pins except the gate? Anyway it's an extremely nice build and looks incredible. Did you get the chassis from siliconray perhaps?

From your latest schematics it looks like this amp is a tweaked Goldmund clone rather than an OPA637.

Are those really ferrite beads or nylon spacers to keep mosfets aligned straight?

Do

Very nice amplifier!

Which design is it based on? Are PCBs available?

Can you give us the URL of where you bought the chassis?

Thanks
Do

the Design , i can tell exactly in here, Because have some Rule (please see some page before)
only post the PCB and all the value.
The PCB , i can make for all, if you make it, I think you have Amli-end.

This is Power supply for Amplifier 637

and Transformer 0-58.5V /15 A x 2 ( about 1 VA for One transformer )
And 15V-0-15V for protect .

thanks

Attachments

• Supply-637.jpg
    Supply-637.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 434
  • Supply-VAS-+-CS.jpg
    Supply-VAS-+-CS.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 417
  • Tranfomer.jpg
    Tranfomer.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 391
hello.
I'm building telos. and wonder what value the inductor 18 t 1,5 cm?
value in mH? maybe I use foil inductor...

Hi!

Please do not say Gm or telos, it is not good for us, That's the rules of the forum.This is 637 amplifier.Thanks and best regards.

And please see it:
wrap 15 round, diameter: 1.5cm to 2cm

Attachments

• L.jpg
    L.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 496
Hi Quanghao,

I'm really interested in that amp PCB but would like you to do them in thicker

Board thickness = 2mm, Copper thickness = 70um
yes 2mm

and possibly gold plating on solder pads

i can not do that,
Thanks

Why not? Is it a cost issue or your PCB provider does not do it?

What about 70um copper thickness?

Thanks
Do

The feedback connection to D3 and D4 makes the stability under clipping very complex and conditional. I can't predict what will set it off but it seems dangerous.

Also, if the Cj of the zeners is significant compared to the 4148's, then you will probably have charge pumping through the 4148's causing some strange dynamic frequency-dependent distortion. Whether this is is perceived as distortion or as some "special sound quality" is another matter. If you flip the D+Z around, it'll be the 4148 that's reverse-biased rather than the Zener, so its small capacitance will be more guaranteed and charge-pumping reduced. The original Goldmund actually does this IIRC, and although it doesn't look right it still works. If you choose to switch the protection back to the output I suggest to put 2 diodes in series with R19 so it's value can be decreased - because with the Goldmund protection scheme the gate voltage at clipping is Vz+Vd+(Ivasmax*R19).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.