637 Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• k-j.gif
    k-j.gif
    9 KB · Views: 590
I think balanced operation ensures linearity. So #B or #C, whichever that works.

I'm struggling to find out what will make an amp with good bass performance. From practice, amps with #C have good bass, so may be there is something in it. I'm not there yet.

Hi Jay!

this CCS it is simple, and good!

you can test it, and advance to me!

thanks

Attachments

• This-ccs.jpg
    This-ccs.jpg
    827.3 KB · Views: 584
Hi Jay!
this CCS it is simple, and good!
you can test it, and advance to me!

In your new ccs (where led is not connected between base and Vee), led effect is minimal. I don't know how you connect the led, but proper connection (led symbol pointing upward) performs better.

The performance of the new ccs is in general slightly better than the previous led-based ccs. Very slightly that I don't think it matters (listening test should be conducted but I don't think the difference will be audible). The most noticeable effect, tho very slightly, is that the new ccs has lower noise in all frequency. I think it is understandable from looking at the number of the led used and its position related to Vee.

hi all!

take quite some time, and I finally completed amplifier 637, with such modifications and certain combinations, to invite you to view images!
Thank you

Attachments

• CS2.jpg
    CS2.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 597
  • CS-637.1.jpg
    CS-637.1.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 572
  • Supply-637.4.jpg
    Supply-637.4.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 472
  • Supply-637.9.jpg
    Supply-637.9.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 453
  • Supply-637.10.jpg
    Supply-637.10.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 418
  • Supply-637.11.jpg
    Supply-637.11.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 373
  • Supply-637.7.jpg
    Supply-637.7.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Supply-637.5.jpg
    Supply-637.5.jpg
    872.1 KB · Views: 480
  • Supply-637.3.jpg
    Supply-637.3.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 406
Hey, which ferrite beads do you use for your FETs? Are they on both pins except the gate? Anyway it's an extremely nice build and looks incredible. Did you get the chassis from siliconray perhaps?

From your latest schematics it looks like this amp is a tweaked Goldmund clone rather than an OPA637.

Hey, which ferrite beads do you use for your FETs? Are they on both pins except the gate? Anyway it's an extremely nice build and looks incredible. Did you get the chassis from siliconray perhaps?

From your latest schematics it looks like this amp is a tweaked Goldmund clone rather than an OPA637.

yes, I see Gm and Anthony.E.Holton amli, all is one design.
All from topo symmetrical
Maybe I copy Too

I buy chaissic from China.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.