Components giveaway (London)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't need any parts (unless you have Dale resistors on your offer) but I would appreciate a little help from someone in the Darley Dale, Derbyshire area.
Just asking since ppl are joining together and I really don't feel like driving over 200 miles each way.
Basicaly the help I need is for someone to pick up 1 Pioneer amplifier and send it to my address ( I will of couse pay for the trouble and postage ).
Any takers ?

Ric

First of all I think I need a list with who needs what.
Second I need to know when we can meet somewhere in london (Weekend time pls)...no rush...just let me know in advance so I can plan my calendar.

Jasko
I will put some things aside for you along those capacitors, let me know when you're ready to collect.

Pinkmouse
Your project sounds interesting, will try to provide you with 2 pairs of heatsinks.
Be aware that there is no point in having 2 separate amps for mid and high, best practice vould be to have a 150W/8R for low+mid+high, reducing space requirements and complexity. And remember that it will be very difficult to balance the sound from 3 amplifiers. If you really want different amps make 1 for low and 1 for mid+high, tweeters only need about 10w...no need for a separate amp for that.

Hi, I was in London, but unfortunately got sick by travelling 5 hours in a bus without heating... so was in bed the whole weekend. If you don't mind shipping them, I'm ok with paying for postage. If not let them go to the next person interested.

vse, sorry for changing my mind.

VSE
Just packed your goods:
Trafo
2x 10 000/63v ELNA
2x rectifiers
4x knobs (2 black aluminium, 2 plastic)
2x heatsink
1x power switch
Some good quality cable 16AWG
Stereo and mono shielded cable

Some bits were used before but are in perfect working condition
I hope that is a good kickstart for your project!

Jasko
I'll PM you my acc details when I finish your pack
Nasty business bus travel :)

Pinkmouse
What about those heatsinks? You interested?

Thanks to all who got involved!

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Sorry, yes. :)

I'm up in town tomorrow or Friday if that's convenient, not sure on timing yet so it could be after work in Fulham, but more likely to be later at your place. If that's ok, drop me a pm with your mobile, and I'll give you a call when I can pin things down a bit better.

VSE
did you get the package?

Pinkmouse
are the heatsinks good enough?

Jazko
had a look at that trafo I have at work, it has only one secondary output....I'll measure the voltage when I have some spare time

yes, you can have the audio transformer, it was from a hi-end cd/sacd/dvd Denon

still have those capacitors for you... what else were you after?

Hi,
I might use a heatsink for an LM3886 chip amp, if you have one appropriate. If the transformer has only one secondary, then I cant use it, so don't worry too much about that. The audio transformer is of particular interest . That's pretty much it, or probably a bridge rectifier that could handle the two LM3886s?

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.