Components giveaway (London)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jazko
I have 2 capacitors 68,000uF/25V...great for class A amp
The transformer looks like a 300VA, not sure about the voltage...might be a 2x18v
I might have some higher voltage transformers around here, will have a look during the weekend.
What else do you need? I've got a nice collection of amplifier feet :)

Pinkmouse
What components do you need?

C'mon guys show some interest, just post some details about your plan so I can think of what I can give you.

For the sake of bumping it up, a DIY Single-Ended KT88 / 6L6 / EL34 / 6CA7 Tube Amplifier (based on Mikael Abdellah's KT88 SE Tube Amplifier) with two 100k pots, a LM1875 chip amp, and a CMoy headphone amp (probably the CMoy BB type of build), and now one more after reading more of diyaudio... A Bob Latino ST-70 (but all the required parts come in one package). So I think I am covered -- an SE amp, a headphone amp, a chip amp, and a PP amp. And some kind of display like an old tube hooked up to a transformer so I can get that nice glow...

I won't attempt speakers until I am confident enough to cut a straight line (there is not enough wood in the forest) with bevels and large round holes.

Enough about me, what are you deciding on building yourself? One last DHT before retiring to playing and writing music?

Jazko
I have 2 capacitors 68,000uF/25V...great for class A amp
The transformer looks like a 300VA, not sure about the voltage...might be a 2x18v
I might have some higher voltage transformers around here, will have a look during the weekend.
What else do you need? I've got a nice collection of amplifier feet :)

Great, the caps and trafo are ideal for the Hiraga Le monstre class A amp, which is about 8 watts (not like the big one, rated at 30W). Jean Hiraga's Le Monstre / Monster - DIY Class-A 8W Amplifier

Not sure what else do I need, but that's pretty much it I believe. If you have pots, a proper switch and all the miselenious stuff, I'll be glad to take them as well, if it's ok :)

What would be handy at the moment is a couple of medium-ish traffos, say 150VA 18-22V secondaries, then I can get on with my big active monitor project. Or alternatively, a couple of 100W capable heatsinks would find a good home.

Hi, I have a trafo rated at 140VA with 2x25V secondaries from an old receiver, if you can use it.

Last edited:
Jazko
The capacitors are yours, I have some nice volume knobs around, switches, not sure about volume pots, will have a look and male a package for you.
Do you have a case? Accessories for that case?

Thank you, I dont have a case, no accessories as well.

Hi Jazko,

if pinkmouse do not have the trafo, I would be interested . for building a power supply .

It's yours. Where are you located? I'm willing to ship, you just have to cover the courier.

AAAhhh always late to the party.. Very Very new to electronics but I have been meaning to have a go for a long time and I'm slowly learning!! My plan is to build a pair open baffle speakers and run them active. One problem I have is I only have one decent amp which will be used for the bass drivers. So I have decided to have a go at building a nice class A amp to run a pair of wide band drivers with.

I have purchased this kit from Ebay 15Watt class A kit

As it is just the amp board and parts I am researching what I will need to build the power supply, what heatsinks and any other parts I will need. the problem is everyone who has build this amp, (or the original Le monstre), seems to have different power supplies so its hard to get a true idea of what is best?? The aim is to have it compliment my current amp in size and beefiness and maybe even some matching VU meters?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

images by onform1, on Flickr

I am also building up my tools that I will need and I did manage to pick up a bench supply from cash converters for £20 last weekend too.. not really sure if it was a good deal or not though?? just seemed like fate that I decided to try and build myself an amp and that showing up???

So any friendly advise and/or useful parts would be greatly appreciated..:D

Also I don't live in London but in Herts but I regularly travel into London on photography jaunts for a spot of street photography..lol

Thank you for your reply, at the moment I'm trying to build couple of project:
SE EL84 amplifier for nearly completed FH3,
Waiting for PCB's to build Fetzilla 2+1 way amplifier.
I have couple of Cambridge Audio A540 for repear.
I would like to buy signal capacitors, power transformers, chokes, heatsinks.
Once again thank you for your help.
Best regards.
Sasha.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.