Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, hi Shaan :wave:

Just to drop in a shortage of time I'm currently in. Very nice activity going on for a basic SSA, now even with DC offset control, congratulations Shaan. Did you maybe consider of using TL071 ie. single DIL8 opamp?

I'll go on with CSA testing as soon as possible and will report back.

Regards Andrej ;)

My spies had reported-me that you had some guilty relations with class D amps. Any comment about the way it sounded ?

Hi :wave:

Yes, last week we had local Multimedia Show in Ljubljana and I was invited to bring something new, so I made fully switching monoblocks from Hypex NC400 + SMPS600 link here. :wiz:

In a show room NC400 showed a big potential with its superb linear-neutral musical presentation along with extreme control, dynamic and power levels. :cool:

Tomorrow I will go to a studio where SSA is located and will bring NC400 monoblocks to compare to SSA. Quick listening report of a first impressions will follow. ;)

Andrej, I think you need be congratulated. This thread is now about one year old and your enthusiasm is still outstanding. Very well done! I am curious to know besides the people that contribute here continually how many DIYer's has experimented SSA in some form or other.

Thank you Nico for your kind observations and comments. ;)

Yes, well audio in general and building amps are my dear hobby so I invest all my spare time and energy to them.

I am also glad that other DIY-ers found something usable from my posts and I support them as much as I can. Will try to do the same in the future as long as there will be some interest.

Thanks again Nico :cheers:

I have... Numerus versions different outputs and housekeeping, now I have designed what is like an up scaled version of the hiraga, topology is almost the same, but current feedback is injected into the VAS, making the feedback path one stage shorter.

Hi MiiB

Is it possible to show us something, anything with some short comments about the impressions.

I am interested especially of how far you came with SSA itself, how much sound quality you reach with it.

Thanks in advance, Andrej :cheers:

In a show room NC400 showed a big potential with its superb linear-neutral musical presentation along with extreme control, dynamic and power levels.
They laughed at me here, each time I dared to mention the D class qualities...
For your next tries ( according to a friend) it seems that
- The Tripath sound the best. of all amps he had tested.
- They work best with a top quality analog supply. Regulated, if possible.

I would like to read Andrej's report with some sonic comparison between the class D and the SSA. I have never listened to class D simply because it is said to have inferior sound. Because Andrej is a good reference for both amps, I would like to take his word on considering Class D for a future project.

I would like to read Andrej's report with some sonic comparison between the class D and the SSA. I have never listened to class D simply because it is said to have inferior sound. Because Andrej is a good reference for both amps, I would like to take his word on considering Class D for a future project.

Hi Nico, as I said in post #3449 I will compare them for few hours tomorrow in a recording studio where SSA is working 24/7. I'll report about listening impressions on Friday. ;)

I would like to take his word on considering Class D for a future project.
I had suggested that some time ago. And said that Class D, T etc. is the future.
Because it is near the digital domain, and, we can love-it or no, but digital will take all the audio market. We can imagine a direct oversampling/undersampling power converter, driving directly loudspeaker.
Because is is less Dependant on the qualities of the parts, so more industrial. So less expensive. and depend mainly on the design's intelligence and care.
Because active devices goes more and more fast; so it will be more and more accurate and easy to filtrate the switching frequency.
Because we are too many on this planet, and energy will become a big problem.

I have an idea, paralleling class D devices, with clock delays (oversampling) , on how to overpass the switching frequency limitation witch is the major problem of class D amps for the moment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.