Studio Reference Amplifier

Nice layout design Prasi ,

*please be corrected again in part (M2 IRFP9240) the red circle . I think the connection is reversed between pin D & S.

a5d7f3a5b3c048e4f30c380f86259624.jpg

07191d44fd6f95af1a26cf7c321fbbc2.jpg

*Emitter T10 & T11 must connect with out/spk, please see Apex fr100 original sch.

Sent from my Coolpad 8297W using Tapatalk

Thanks Kuntarman,
I noticed too, it was a mistake in schematic, here is the corrected and improved version with less jumpers.
reg
Prasi

Attachments

• FR-100.png
    FR-100.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,384
  • fr-100 lay.png
    fr-100 lay.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,404
Last edited:
I wasn't too happy with the vertical side-by-side mosfet layout. So made a new one with Olaf style opposite-ends-mosfet-type. Includes Fuses and full Thiele network. Was trying to upload since evening, but DIYA site wasnt loading.
So here it is.

Attachments

• FR100-REV-SCH.png
    FR100-REV-SCH.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,321
  • FR100-REV-LAY.png
    FR100-REV-LAY.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
T6 base isn't connected to all the stuff.

Good catch!
The mistake is on the schematic, prasi look here.

Hi Keantoken, What "kean" eyes you have, great catch:). Thanks. Yes, as Thimios pointed, it was a mistake on sch.
So two jumpers later, here is the revised layout.
reg
Prasi

Attachments

• FR100-REV-SCH.png
    FR100-REV-SCH.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 531
  • FR100-REV-LAY.png
    FR100-REV-LAY.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,702
This is a much better layout.
The loop areas of the power inputs to the power returns and the speaker output to the speaker return are very much smaller than the old post2181

Thanks Andrew,
That was one of the considerations for revised layout + to have more spacing between o/p devices + to have decoupling closer to mosfets.
reg
Prasi

prasi,
how about Iron Transfer or Sprint files.

Rick

Hi Rick,
Sure I will post here in the evening, after I am done with minor refinements. I use eagle to make my layouts, so no sprint file, but pdfs and gerbers.

e-fortier, almost all board houses accept gerbers as its a CAM format that automated machines can understand. From a gerber viewing software such as Viewmate, one can also view and print pdfs required for iron transfer files.
reg
prasi

Thanks guy, I'm a newbie when it comes to PCB.

I was asking because sometime people create PCBs and then generously provide free of charge the Gerbers zipped file. This is perfect.
Sometime other people will supply only Sprint files, kinda wondering what to do if you only have Sprint file, not sure if PCB manufacturer will accept this. I guess Sprint program or others have a file conversion to generate the Gerber zipped file.

Thanks for the tip about Viewmate.

Sorry about hacking this thread, now back to the main topic.

Thanks,
Eric