The MONGREL (supersym II)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It would be nice if you could post that schematic, Pete, since OS' website is down for a while, since it seems he is moving from one place to another, as I've just read elsewhere in this forum.
I have been also searching for the latest version of this great amp, which I intend to build in this very same PB version you've just did.
BTW, what happened that made you invert those connections, not being as straight as expected?
Regards,
Max.

I can finally put the lid on my Mongrel.
It is now complete with all parts as per BOM.
I managed to get trustworthy transistors from Mouser with free postage courtesy of a generous member on stereo.net.au who did a large order down under.
The difference after rebuilding the AX boards is not small, :D I now know why people say not to trust eBay for semi's.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Nice build. The Mouser shipping charge is too high for Oz. I ordered from x-on.com.au, they resell all the mouser's parts but the shipping is only $16.5 per order, less than 50% of Mouser charges.

The search function on X-on web is very bad so I found all the part number on Mouser first & in most case X-on uses the same part number.

Cheers, Stanley

BTW, what happened that made you invert those connections, not being as straight as expected?
Regards,
Max.
Ah I thought someone might comment, Os's design is for the VB's are to have them mounted upright from the power board ie. at 90 degrees, I only have 80mm high in my case so wanted them to be flat.
This required the connectors to be reversed on the voltage board so I had to make wiring loops.
(I found this out the hard way) when OS first changed his output board layout but I didn't. :eek: This caused quite some failure!!!
I'll try to post the schematics however OS has changed the AX since I made mine.

Slowly getting there.

Attachments

• DSC01439.jpg
    DSC01439.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 1,278
Hello Luke, I figure 1mm here or there is close enough. I guess if you really wanted to be fussy you could convert the internal volume to metric and adjust accordingly. The only measurement that is really important for my build though is the front baffle width. I used 18mm mdf (3/4" would be 19mm) so I believe the difference isn't too critical.
These are just my reasonings though, and remember, it is my first speaker build.
P.S. I see your in NZ, lucky you having HAS Audio at your doorstep, I'm waiting for a Jasper circle jig from them to finish my front baffle.
Pete.

The thickness of the MDF board does not change just because you measure in inches or in millimetres.

If the specified thickness is not available, then the question becomes: how does anyone modify the design to suit an alternative thickness of board?
That has nothing to do with imperial, nor metric measurements.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.