QUASI Amplifier for Beginners

This circuit can be add to any protect, 'protect LED' blink if protect relay is off and stop blink if relay is on.

Attachments

• APEX PROTECT LED BLINK.jpg
    APEX PROTECT LED BLINK.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 884
Hi geraldfryjr
greetings can i use mje 340 mje 350 as drivers want to make your
amp do you have pcb for sharing this my first amp project
warm regards
sameer x1

The schematic I did is a tweaked version of the one in post #455.
I would think that the MJE 340 and 350 should work as I was going to use these but Circuitmaker only has the MJE340.
So I decide to use the ECG 188 and 189 as these are the closest models I have to the more common TIP 31 and TIP 32.
The ECG 181 are 2N3772's and of course 2N3773's would be even better.
The 2N3055 works as well in the simulation but with a poorer performance as is expected.

I used a 50V supply because that is the voltage of the transformers (35Vrms at 5 Amps) that I have a bunch (10) of.

Raising the voltage to 70v brings the bias on each device to about 940ma. But this can be lowered to 100ma. by adjusting R15 to 25%.

djk, yes I had set the bias a bit high Because I am thinking of running this on my DIY Esl's.
Therefore at a nominal listening level it will be completely in class A throughout the critical audio range except for the high frequency peaks starting around 10khz to 15khz.

If you are planning on building this I would suggest changing diode D3 A 1N4148 as depicted in the original schematic to something of a higher current rating like 1N4004 or even a 2 or 3 amp diode to be safe.
Raising the Bias current raises the current through this diode past the limitations of a 1N4148 when a signal is applied to the circuit.

I would be very happy to see the results of this circuit design as built as I am going to give it a try myself.
Right now the only thing that I am lacking is 4 more 2N3772's and the .1 ohm resistors in order to give it a try.
The .1 ohm resistors should be at least 5 watt.
Cheers !!

jer :)

P.S. C6 100uf capacitor can be just one polarized electrolytic type capacitor, I just don't bother with the polarized symbol when doing simulations in circuitmaker as it makes no difference in the simulation.

Last edited:
hello sir apex,

i'have finised create kit using this schema,

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i use :
- 3A 24VAC for supply
- predrive MJE350/340
- drive MJE15030/31
- TR final 4 2N3773

the sound so good i like this kit,
but i have trouble at pre drive transistor
why tr MJE350 and 340 so warm?not hot but warm?

thanks for this great schematic :D
thanks so much

BR,

*sorry for my bad english :D

hello sir apex,

i'have finised create kit using this schema,

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i use :
- 3A 24VAC for supply
- predrive MJE350/340
- drive MJE15030/31
- TR final 4 2N3773

the sound so good i like this kit,
but i have trouble at pre drive transistor
why tr MJE350 and 340 so warm?not hot but warm?

thanks for this great schematic :D
thanks so much

BR,

*sorry for my bad english :D

MJE340/350 are VAS transistors not pre-drivers, and work in class A (must be warm), U can use small heatsinks for them. Nice work,
Regards

CCS in VAS is 10mA, with higher rail voltage you have higher disipation on MJEs, you must use heatsink for MJEs with 2X45 VAC or higher.

siiip thks sir,...

i will create the PCB layout first and than use this for my home audio...
using 45VAC at 10A for stereo kit,

thanks you...
next step i will create 100watt ultimate fidelity PA :D
i hope part in schema easily to find at my region

Hi lelut... punapi gatrane? (how are you)

my friend from Bali too...
32VAC CT from trafo is enough for home audio
What the speakers & it's impedance do you use for this amp?

I'm also want to make AX14, on the progress right now
the parts is there in Denpasar
You can PM me...

Regards

Hi lelut... punapi gatrane? (how are you)

my friend from Bali too...
32VAC CT from trafo is enough for home audio
What the speakers & it's impedance do you use for this amp?

I'm also want to make AX14, on the progress right now
the parts is there in Denpasar
You can PM me...

Regards

hallo bli jhon...

i just using 6" speakers at 8 ohm 60watt (just in my opinion big/great watt can make details sound :D)

you have the PCB for AX14?
i want to create the PCB, but don't have feriklorida to create that,

PM send...