50W mosfet amplifier IRF540/IRF9540

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
try here...

where i can find pcb of F100 ?

This is an option where i have found about 99% of all that i was interested in,everyone should try it. There are so many same answers ("Where can i find...") and unique answer for all of them is in "search" option.

Attachments

• Search option II.JPG
    Search option II.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 952
What happens if the output becomes shorted for some reason? Since there are no gate source protection Zener diodes, gate source breakdown will occur when Vgs >+/-20V and because there are no source ballast resistors the transistor will probably explode.:yikes::eek: I made a power voltage regulator once and accidentally shorted the output that was not fused and a crater blew out of the plastic package where the die had vaporized. Piece of plastic hit me in the forehead...:h_ache::p
The BC517 is supposed to be mounted with the output transistors to monitor temperature. I would suggest to use a mosfet for this so that you get a closer match to the mV/C change that the output transistors will have, being that they are mosfets. The input stage might be a little light on current, I would go for at least 1 or 2mA in the input transistors. Also the input transistors need some emitter degeneration. Although mosfets do not require DC bias current to operate, the do require gate charge in order to change conduction state, related to rate of change, di/dt. This is why a driver stage is helpful. You may have compensation issues with the VAS. Output coil?

With the decoupling so far from the output transistors and no gate-drain Zobel to dampen local oscillations and no ballast resistors, I doubt much time will pass before "BBZTZZTZBZbbtbzzzttt-------p0p! pheeewww.........

followed by loud cursing.....:)

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 692
  • pcb2.jpg
    pcb2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.