100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

A question about complementary pair matching

2SA1306/2SC3298
Regards

I have ordered the complementary pair 2SA1837/2SC4793, but I have received 2SC2336 in place of the latter. I see they have some differences in figures, like higher capacitance in C2336, and also lower gain.
The question is: do you think there would be any problem trying 2SA1837 with 2SC2336 for AX14?
By the other side, I have already built a single-pair output amplifier, and my needs are for a double-pair (small PA applications), since mine worked fine in the living room, but had a big lack in power when tested inside a medium size room (restaurant).
So, I also vote for a more powerful AX-14 version, even with Mosfet output (I will try NX-14, and would like to have it with two output pairs).
Thanks for your hard work.
Regards,
Max.

Edit: Maybe the problem with my amplifier is the low rail voltages of 35+35VDC. Maybe a higher voltage driven amplifier would do the job. But I think a double-pair output would handle different kind of loads much better, even a lower impedance speaker parallel connection.

Last edited:
I have ordered the complementary pair 2SA1837/2SC4793, but I have received 2SC2336 in place of the latter. I see they have some differences in figures, like higher capacitance in C2336, and also lower gain.
The question is: do you think there would be any problem trying 2SA1837 with 2SC2336 for AX14?
By the other side, I have already built a single-pair output amplifier, and my needs are for a double-pair (small PA applications), since mine worked fine in the living room, but had a big lack in power when tested inside a medium size room (restaurant).
So, I also vote for a more powerful AX-14 version, even with Mosfet output (I will try NX-14, and would like to have it with two output pairs).
Thanks for your hard work.
Regards,
Max.

Edit: Maybe the problem with my amplifier is the low rail voltages of 35+35VDC. Maybe a higher voltage driven amplifier would do the job. But I think a double-pair output would handle different kind of loads much better, even a lower impedance speaker parallel connection.

2SC2336/2SA1006 can be used as drivers for AX-14.
With +/-35V rail voltage output power is 50W/8R, use +/-50V rail voltage and U will get 100W/8R. With 2 pair of outputs and +/-56V rail voltage output power will be 175W/4R RMS.
Regards

sorry for repeated question... i just finished ax14 i just want clarification before i put power on it :D . the left picture is the original schematic while the right one is for the actual pcb schematic... which one is correct? d4 and d5

Attachments

• APEX AX14sch.jpg
    APEX AX14sch.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 3,436
  • APEX AX14sch1.JPG
    APEX AX14sch1.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 3,247
sorry for repeated question... i just finished ax14 i just want clarification before i put power on it :D . the left picture is the original schematic while the right one is for the actual pcb schematic... which one is correct? d4 and d5

I repeat answer: both connections are correct. If you want add more outputs use first circuit, pcb for AX-14 with single pair of outputs use second circuit. Use 10R instead fuses for first powered and set bias to get 500mV on 10R.

Hello Mile,

If I need 20 clean watts, which has a more hifi and accurate sound - the Studio Reference SR50 or this 100W Ultimate fidelity amp ? I will be building either of the amps and etching my own board. (first time)

If you build either of the amps you can compare them. AX-14 sound more neutral on mid and high. I like bass from SR50, but speakers is more important for sound quality.

Last edited: