100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 05:38 PM   #311
RSK is offline RSK  Malaysia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: K.L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
There is IRF450 and it can be used also. MOSFETs are from IR not from SAMSUNG.
Regards
Yeah I was looking on the net for datasheet and samsung comes out??
But anyway I will try this NX14.

Raj.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 07:07 PM   #312
radio is offline radio  Macedonia
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bitola MACEDONIA
Default APEX AX-14 (modifications)!?

Hello Mickey!
I want to develop this amplifier Apex AX-14. I want to ask one question:
What changes should I do when I have the amplifier power of Us = + /-38V and the output thereof I want to turn the speakers with an impedance of 4 ohms??
Thank you in advance!
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 07:44 PM   #313
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio View Post
Hello Mickey!
I want to develop this amplifier Apex AX-14. I want to ask one question:
What changes should I do when I have the amplifier power of Us = + /-38V and the output thereof I want to turn the speakers with an impedance of 4 ohms??
Thank you in advance!
AX14 will work with +/-38V on 4ohms load without any changes.
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 09:00 PM   #314
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK View Post
Yeah I was looking on the net for datasheet and samsung comes out??
But anyway I will try this NX14.

Raj.
I use for test 20cm wire from pcb to the outputs on heatsink, NX14 work without problem. MOSFETs in TO3 case will work, just use short wire for stability.
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 08:19 AM   #315
macd is offline macd  South Africa
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Default RE... NX-14 Completed

Hi Apex,

Still no luck with my NX14. Looks like I have to assemble the second channel. Anyway I see there is a difference between the two boards(NX14 V1 and NX14V2). I see two 100R resistors on the layout but not on the schematic. See attachment. The 22uF 63V cap on the schematic is replaced with a 2.2uF cap on board.....is this okey......

Macd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APEX NX14(Errors).jpg (172.1 KB, 2840 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 11:58 AM   #316
radio is offline radio  Macedonia
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bitola MACEDONIA
Hello ALL!!!
Audio Amplifier-comentar !!??
Tank youuu!
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 01:15 PM   #317
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by macd View Post
Hi Apex,

Still no luck with my NX14. Looks like I have to assemble the second channel. Anyway I see there is a difference between the two boards(NX14 V1 and NX14V2). I see two 100R resistors on the layout but not on the schematic. See attachment. The 22uF 63V cap on the schematic is replaced with a 2.2uF cap on board.....is this okey......

Macd
Two 100R resistor in series I use instead one 220R, 2,2uF is OK.
Do you measure voltages as I suggest?
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 05:22 PM   #318
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio View Post
Hello ALL!!!
Audio Amplifier-comentar !!??
Tank youuu!
'Nikko' coment sound of AX14 in local forum:
[es] - seme/pcb zastita pojacala i zvucnika
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 09:08 AM   #319
adrianm is offline adrianm  Philippines
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Hi Mile, do you have a diy amp suitable for a 38-0-38 volts transformer? I prefer for a bipolar output stage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 01:29 PM   #320
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm View Post
Hi Mile, do you have a diy amp suitable for a 38-0-38 volts transformer? I prefer for a bipolar output stage.
AX14 will work with +/-56V DC rail voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APEX AX14 test.jpg (434.5 KB, 2556 views)
File Type: jpg APEX AX14 component layout.jpg (161.4 KB, 2238 views)
File Type: jpg APEX AX14 pcb.jpg (167.7 KB, 1955 views)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good ~100W amplifier percy Solid State 16 3rd April 2013 06:16 PM
New desined 4*100W car amplifier Whortless Car Audio 13 21st July 2011 05:39 AM
Ultimate Amplifier DF Plummer Tubes / Valves 19 23rd March 2011 03:48 AM
Ultimate amplifier glen65 Car Audio 2 19th September 2007 03:15 PM
100W Amplifier Shematic and PCB viki Solid State 2 17th October 2004 12:54 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:51 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2